my 4 th cancellation in 2 years.

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

my 4 th cancellation in 2 years.

Post by reno »

ya me .this time 4 days before we were to leave. also people are saying there having to be on hold for up to 4 hours just to get though to a service rep.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

We are so very sorry to inform you that repairs to Norwegian Escape will take longer than expected, and as a result your voyage on March 26, 2022, has been canceled. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience as we understand that now more than ever the desire to travel and reconnect with the places and people we've missed most.
We would like to provide all affected guests with two options:

1. Sail on another ship this upcoming weekend PLUS receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valued at 100% of your current voyage fare paid.

a. Contact us at 1.866.234.7350 by 9pm Eastern Time on March 23 to move your current reservation, at no additional cost, to sail onboard one of the below itineraries
i. Norwegian Joy 7-night cruise from Miami, FL sailing March 26, 2022
ii. Norwegian Breakaway 7-night cruise from New Orleans, LA sailing March 27, 2022
iii. Norwegian Dawn 7-night cruise from Tampa, FL sailing March 27, 2022
iv. Norwegian Encore 7-night cruise from Miami, FL sailing March 27, 2022

**Stateroom accommodations on your new cruise is subject to available inventory and will be capacity controlled. Original category secured may not be available.

b. If you secured your flights with Norwegian Cruise Line, you will receive your new flight itinerary by Friday, March 25, 2022. Guests who secured flights independently are directed to contact the airline to arrange applicable updates and travel protection provider for reimbursement.
c. The FCC, valued at 100% of your current voyage fare paid, will be applied to your Latitudes account and will be available as of April 4, 2022, for any voyage through April 4, 2023.

OR

2. Get a full refund to your original form of payment, not including BookSafe Standard or Platinum travel protection, PLUS receive an FCC valued at 50% of your current voyage fare paid.

a. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within fifteen business days and will be visible within seven to ten business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on your financial institution's internal policies.
b. If your most current reservation was paid via an FCC, 100% of the FCC used (excluding BookSafe Standard or Platinum travel protection) will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added within seven business days.
c. The FCC, valued at 50% of your current voyage fare paid, will be applied to your Latitudes account and will be available as of April 4, 2022, for any voyage through April 4, 2023.

Please note, guests who do not contact us by 9pm Eastern Time on March 23 will automatically receive the second option.

Once again, we apologize for this unforeseen event, however, we are looking forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future to enjoy your long-awaited vacation at sea. If you have any questions, please contact us at (866) 234-7350 (U.S. and Canada) or visit us at www.ncl.com.

We look forward to exploring the world with you soon in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship!

Sincerely,

Katty Byrd
Senior Vice President, Guest Services
psypher
Golden Member

Re: my 4 th cancellation in 2 years.

Post by psypher »

I think life is trying to tell you something about staying away from floating petri dishes.
reno

Post by reno »

well we took offer one this time round .we leave in the am out of tampa. at least we know as of today were covid free after getting tested twice due to first test results wasn't going to be return in time for boarding .ya but all complete and even are car parking been refunded already from the last cruise booked. this one are daughter dropping us off so that a savings
reno

Post by reno »

we returned yesterday im now i weigh 10 pounds more. we drank pain killers the whole cruise - 2 ounces Pusser's rum · 4 ounces pineapple juice · 1 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed · 1 ounce cream of coconut · Garnish: nutmeg, freshly grated. 2-4 per day . the ship had my Pepsi but it was fountain style not in bottle that we prefer . the food was amazing for the most part. every now and then you order something it was different. made or prepared from what you be use to. the entertainment aboard the ship was very good. we went snorkeling in Roatan it was fantastic. Cancun was not impress and things were so expensive .like $6.00 for a $1.00 lighter you by in the USA. was glad to get out of Cancun- a rip off port. did buy my brother in-laws some over price Cuban cigars.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Glad you had a good time :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Glad you finally got your cruise done, and without any infectious diseases hopefully?

Speaking of Cuban cigars, I had a friend who gave me a box for Christmas. A lot of so-called Cuban cigars are really just Honduran cigars (where most of the best cigars are made now by exiled Cubans) with fake labels. I know these were the real deal because 1) they smoked like Cubans (most Americans wouldn't like a real Cuban cigar - they are wrapped VERY tight and have a hard draw - that's the way they like them, they are meant to be smoked SLOWLY). 2) No labels. Just plain sticks. No pretense at trying to impress you they are really Cubans. And 3) The guy who gave them to me actually does go to Cuba on a regular basis and usually brings back cigars.

I just finished my last one the other day. Almost all of them were a good smoke. Tightly wrapped though, as I said. Most I had to use a poker on to get a decent draw. It's not what we're used to here.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno

Post by reno »

just a fyi folks for those who have never taken a cruse . the price your quoted is not the price you be paying in the end . there extra fee's like 20 % daily Gratuities & Service Charges. some things on the ship are extra even if you get free packages. like the drink package is only for drinks under a certain amount. wifi extra ,some restaurants aboard ship are extra . even some entertainment extra like zipline and racetrack (go cart) ,video gaming ( pinball ) - starbucks coffee shop onboard. even bottle water a up charge. some your informed of by the staff and there signs stating a extra . some are cruiser beware after you get the last and final charges on your credit card you have to give when you sign in. then there port taxs if you get food and drinks while in some ports .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, expect a charge for everything.

Since the wife and I like our alcohol, and I wasn't going to worry about counting drinks or getting screwed with the by-the-glass price, we just paid for the unlimited drinks package on our Alaskan cruise 11 years ago.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.