hobby's your into ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

hobby's your into ?

Post by reno »

getting back into 1/25 scale model car building a little .
Executioner
Life Member

Re: hobby's your into ?

Post by Executioner »

Mine has been restoring my old vintage stereo system I had in the 70's since I retired in June 2020 @65. I now have 5 cassette decks LOL, some coming with deals like the one I got while visiting my daughter. They had a box of commercial music cassettes that also included a Teac cassette deck for only $20. Got the deck working and now it's in my garage.

As for plastic models, when I was kid, I made a lunar lander in a box with sifted sand to make it look like the moon. My parents told me I could not have it unless I put the sand in a box. I also as a Saturn rocket model.

My current hobby beside my stereo system, is playing video games. I finished Far Cry 3 and now I'm on Far Cry 4. Since I'm retired, I have plenty of time to play and catch up on some older video games on my PC.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I mostly pile up CDs, Vinyl, Cassettes, Blu-Rays, and Video games these days. The wife and I are both out of space for out stuff but the housing market is ridiculous right now. Our parents are into their 70s and we're trying to find a house where we can take care of them if the time comes.

Most of what I buy is new or rare. I prefer physical copies when I can get them. Bandcamp's been great for this as you can get a physical copy plus a lossless download of the album. This saves me from ripping the CD. I use discogs.com and Music Collector software to catalog my music but I'm well behind. Some of what I buy is obscure or too new to be in the data bases so I have to manually enter it. It can get a bit tedious.

Lately, I've been playing Scarlet Nexus on my PS5. It's a very good action RPG with a couple of bugbears. There are fights where you are intended to get the enemy down so far in health for a scripted cut scene. This is annoying to me because I then have to refill my healing items. There's also a bit too much dialog at times. I was playing Dying Light 2 but there are so many bugs right now that I put it aside for the time being.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Haven't flown RC planes in years, except for the drone. Been meaning to buy a small electric park flyer I can fly on my ranch. Need to really look at some catalogs and order one soon.

Gaming. I spend a LOT of time gaming since I sort of retired. Been making it a mission to play a bunch of Doom and Quake mods and retro clones lately. I seem to have become re-obsessed with Minecraft after 10 years (hard to believe that game is still rocking like it is after that long - they have added so much to the game). Los and I are playing on a server together with a few peeps from the old alpha server days. I'm playing it the hard way: survival mode with no cheats. Been enjoying getting more into architectural builds and playing with the new redstone circuits. I've been meaning to post a tour video of my place that I've been working on for the past few months.

Getting back into mountain biking after that bad spill four months ago or so. Trying to get some good rides in before summer.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

- SCUBA
- Gaming (Lots of Minecraft lately with the Penguin)
- Lots of tactical firearms training/classes
- Driving my 'Vette on sunny days
- Going down to the relative's house in the Keys, to boat
- Spending time with the wife and child
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I miss Scuba. Would love to get back into it, but the wife isn't up for it anymore. At the very least I should get out and do some snorkeling. We've got some great springs around here.

I let my concealed carry expire during covid, so I need to take that class again.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:19 pm I let my concealed carry expire during covid, so I need to take that class again.
You don't need to take the class. If your permit has less than 6 mos since it expired, you just submit the renewal. If it's been more than 6 mos, then I believe it's just an application but you should not need to take a class again.

My wife let more than 6 mos pass and she needs to re-submit.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

More than 6 months. Somehow I missed or didn't get the reminder mail.

No biggie. They actually require some range training now, so it might be a fun day. Way back when I first took it in Miami around 1990, it was just a class, mostly about legal and liability issues.