this getting old sucks

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

this getting old sucks

Post by reno »

everyday it seems there a new body ACHE ! today's it my left knee ! wonder what tomorrow ACHE will be :E
Executioner
Life Member

Re: this getting old sucks

Post by Executioner »

Tell me about it. It seems for me it started in 2020 when I retired at 65. Currently it's my back.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

My old fart complaint this month is tinnitus. I have had it for probably 10 years, but up until now it's not been very loud, and I have learned to ignore it, which is really all you can do. It's not loud enough to interfere with my hearing, and for my age I actually have good hearing.

However, starting around three weeks ago it has become substantially louder. Especially right after waking up. Not sure if it's actually louder in the AM or I'm just noticing it more after waking, before my brain tunes it out.

I know that covid can cause tinnitus. Pretty sure I haven't had covid yet though. I also know that it's a rare but significant side effect risk of the vaccine.

Sinus infections can also cause it, and I'm very prone to those, especially this time of year which is my allergy season. I can usually tell if I have one, though, and it doesn't feel like it.

Googling other causes brings up alcohol and coffee as aggravating the problem, but sorry, those habits are not changing anytime soon :)

May just be old age catching up. As a former sound engineer, I have been very careful to protect my hearing. I always using hearing protection around loud equipment. However, in my rock concert sound engineer days in my 20s, I was exposed to a lot of loud noise before I learned to take care of my hearing.

Going to schedule an appointment with an ENT (Ear, nose throat) doc this week just to be sure there isn't something serious going on other than old age.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

My gripe is my lower back. Sometime in December, I woke up with my lower left side so stiff that I could barely move it. I made an appointment with my doctor last December and I'm just now able to get in to see her Wednesday. In the meantime, my mom gave me a muscle relaxer and it seemed to clear up. However, these things put me out. I aggravated my back last week shoveling snow off our driveway. I need to buy a snowblower but I'm too cheap to spend $1,000 for something I may use twice per year. I would've had my teenage daughter shovel the snow but she caught COVID. The wife and I, both boosted, never got it from her.