tomorrow will be a big change in my computing !

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

tomorrow will be a big change in my computing !

Post by reno »

been gone most of today -but my new Dell 3510 Vostro laptop arrived today .but waiting till tomorrow to unpack and set it up. tonight Im on my old Toshiba satellite with a Amd A4 laptop - this unit the battery wont take a charge anymore but works plug in. its a L50D-B model from what seems years ago. can't remember when we bought it new . but to go from this to a I7- 1165g7 12mb up to 4.7 ghz should be a hell of a change
and 8 gig of ram . wont know till I fire it up if it has windows 10 pro or 11 pro preloaded on it . its right in a middle of a upgrade so it be interesting to find out. will be able to upgrade to 11 pro for free if not preloaded on it :cool: .I'm expect a part of a day loading updates and new drivers for my stuff like printer and plan is to add windows classic view if it can as I'm not a fan windows 10 tiles.
link to my unit on dell site.
https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/de ... res-anchor

ps only things we didn't get we wanted was a 4 cell battery and backlit keyboard but $$$$ talk !
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: tomorrow will be a big change in my computing !

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I recommend staying with Win 10 if it comes with it pre-installed. 11 is still a work in progress.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: tomorrow will be a big change in my computing !

Post by reno »

it pre loaded with 11