Hilariously inept Xfinity Scam

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Hilariously inept Xfinity Scam

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Been getting a robo call once a day, with a computer voice obviously reading a bad english translation of a script. Something about "We have detected a signal repairman inside your home wiring and need you to contact us to send a repairman to service your home wiring." They leave an 800 number that has been associated with this scam, and several others.

Sadly, they're probably phone blasting all the retirees in my area, and suckering a few into giving up their credit card number or something.

:mad
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Re: Hilariously inept Xfinity Scam

Post by Pugsley »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm We have detected a signal repairman inside your home wiring.
That sounds painful.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I rcvd the Microsoft Support call today that said my PC notified them that some hacker was trying to access my SSN. I simply stayed on the line and when they answered with "How can I help you" I simply told them "You could help ALL OF US by simply dropping dead but if that's not an option, then how about you stop trying to scam people, like the human garbage that you are?"

I know it does nothing but it wastes their time and it felt nice to say. Help break up my Monday a little bit. Hopefully also cost them more in calls. I dunno.
------------------------------------------

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

If you have time just make up names and SSN and give them to them and poison the database.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I got a call the other day from the caller ID: [bunch of numbers] stating they were from Spectrum. Too bad that my current provider is Spectrum and they never call.