wanted to kick myself yesterday .

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

wanted to kick myself yesterday .

Post by reno »

Was installing a ceiling fan for my daughter and son- in-law . didn't 'bring my volt testers of any kind with me . in short get it wired in and before installing the blades . we decided to test the motor unit to make sure it worked . we wired in the remote control. the Red led light on remote worked so we knew the battery worked in it. but the fan motor didn't work at all or the Fans LED light head. so im like WTF they live 30 mins each way from my home. I tell the wife I need to get a tester at Home Depot . the store like a 10 -15 min drive away. both her and the wife say forget it today i agree its already 5 pm . day two Saturday I bring my tester and find there power to the fan . then I rewire it all back up and (the remote controller sits in the fan mounting bracket that attach's to the ceiling electrical box . ) still nothing happening so i think maybe the battery in the remotes bad/ weak. pull the battery and we find the problem . we changed the dip switch settings and thought we changed them to the setting we needed . it was one of these moments when you just want to kick yourself in the ass . so we finished assembling the fan and called it a day. :bang
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: wanted to kick myself yesterday .

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

And here I was thinking that you just didn't have the switches on the fan and light on and everything was working fine. Helped a friend do an install where the smart house box was up in the electrical box above the fan and he had it up and down like 4 times. Everything was right but the switch on the fan an light were just off.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

We've all had those moments. Overthink it sometimes. ;)
------------------------------------------