SURFSIDE building collapse .

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

SURFSIDE building collapse .

Post by reno »

just want to say a prayer for all those affected by this tragedy.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: SURFSIDE building collapse .

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I used to live just a 1/4 of a mile from there. I'm very familiar with that building. Drove by it all the time. :(
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well ironically I'm here in South Florida this weekend delivering a custom built graphics workstation to a friend of mine. Local news is nothing but 24 hours a day on the collapsed building. It's the only thing everyone's talking about around here.

A friend of mine who used to flip condos in Miami Beach sent me this link. This is a nearly $3 million penthouse that was just sold in that building, so don't think this was some kind of run-down tenement:

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/9ea7de9f
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

agree FP. im been holding off doing any more posting about this tragedy. its just so sad for those involved and the community .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I am irritated in a way because officials do a press conference every few hours and keep holding out hope, and I think they should be honest with people and admit that at this point it would be a miracle if they find anyone alive. Sure there's A CHANCE but a pretty slim one. Yes there are voids, but voids will save you only if you're next to something that's strong enough to hold the weight of the collapsed building. Since this happened around 1am, unless you got up to take a pee and fell next to your bathtub, there is not much chance you survived. That building is a pancake.

I think they're being more honest with the families because the local news station is playing some leaked video of a family conference where a fire department official pretty much admitted that at this point it's more about recovering remains, and people bursting into tears.

reno

Post by reno »

also FP with the fire /fires they are talking about the fumes. more then likely would of taken it toll seeping into any of the voids . we agree its a recovery team now not a rescue operation :( (you spoke of a bathtub chances of a bathtub holding up that much weight is so very slim.) I'm guessing here but feel some may never be found in that pile of rubble. (if a tropical storm should roll in all bets are off )