who had there covid shot / shots

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

who had there covid shot / shots

Post by reno »

get my first one Sunday wish it was the J & J one and done . but not my luck it be a 2 shot vaccine. wife gets her 2nd shot on Tuesday.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: who had there covid shot / shots

Post by Executioner »

I had 1 Moderna last month, and tomorrow I go to get my 2nd one.
Last edited by Executioner on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wife and I don't qualify yet. Dad does, but scheduling appointments are still a joke around here. It's getting better though. They just started using a couple of pharmacies around here. I figure by the end of the month I'll be able to reliably setup appointments for us and not have to stand in line for hours.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

darcy

Post by darcy »

I've been trying since available for those under 65 with underlying conditions, filling in the form at least 20 times a day.
Pharmacies by us have only 12 doses a day.
Now it's anyone 60+ in NYS.
Just a few minutes ago, I went to the site, selected my pharmacy, expecting to see No Appointments Available,,, but there it was,, 12 openings listed at my local pharmacy.
I never filled in a form so fast on my tablet! ,, so I am set, thank goodness for that.

My husband got an appointment set up just before we drove up to my Mom's,, so he wound up having to drive 2.5 hrs back home the day after we got there for his shot, then drove back up to my Mom's.

While I was up by Mom ( March 2-11), managed to get her set up for her first one,, hubby drove her,, and I'm glad we were there when she had it done.
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I have zero interest in getting the shots. I just don't feel comfortable when it comes to any vaccine that has been fast-tracked like these have been. Also, since I've always had a pretty rock-solid immune system, I'm less inclined to do it. My wife catches all sorts of crap every year and she'll have every symptom, where I'll have zero.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

If you are still young, then yes you probably don't need it, but for me, I'm almost 66 and had my spleen removed back in 86. I get flu shots every year. Yesterday, I got the second Moderna. So far, I only had a mild headache after 24 hours. Hope it stays that way.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm turning 50 this year. Some consider that to still be "young". I never get flu shots and almost never suffer from flu-like symptoms. Of course the ONE year that out friend (who's a pharmacist) convinced me to get it because our daughter was a newborn, I got sick 3 times. That was 7yrs ago. I haven't gotten a flu shot again since. Wife and kid get them every year and every year we go through the same thing. They got Covid early last year and were both sick as fuck for like 8 days. I didn't even have 1 sniffle. Wife hated me that week, for sure. LOL
------------------------------------------

darcy

Post by darcy »

Executioner wrote:If you are still young, then yes you probably don't need it, but for me, I'm almost 66 and had my spleen removed back in 86. I get flu shots every year. Yesterday, I got the second Moderna. So far, I only had a mild headache after 24 hours. Hope it stays that way.
If that's all you've had (headache), that's great.
It's my understanding that the 2nd shot usually gives you the worst side effects,, everyone's different,, 1 couple we know, the wife felt worse with the first, and not much with the second dose; and vice versa for her husband.
We were both leery at first, but decided to go for it; I've asthma and another underlying condition, and my husband has 3. This won't make us immune, but hopefully lessen the symptoms if we do catch it.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Update: I had a mild headache, but by 9:00pm I started to get cold. Went to bed and woke up at 3am and I was hot, so I think I was running a mild fever. This morning, all is good.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Not sure if I already posted this here, but if it makes you feel better, a wonderful explainer of what's going on in your body when you get the vaccine...

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

My wife finally got her Shingles vaccine last month. Also two shots. She's been dreading it because she's one of those people who always feels flu like symptoms for a day after the flu shot (I never have a problem with the flu shot). But she's had Chickenpox, and we know two people who had terrible cases of the shingles, she's 60, so it was time. Sure enough she felt a bit tired and sore after both shots, but now it's done, and she feels relieved.

darcy

Post by darcy »

That's good to hear, FP.
Executioner wrote:Update: I had a mild headache, but by 9:00pm I started to get cold. Went to bed and woke up at 3am and I was hot, so I think I was running a mild fever. This morning, all is good.
Not too bad from everything else I've heard / read so far, Exec :)

Just spoke to a friend of ours,, he worked as Head Nurse at hospital,, said his symptoms started 22 hours after his 2nd shot,, temp 100.2, mild chills and headache; felt mildly flu-sh for 8 hrs, then back to normal. Symptoms don't always arrive the same day, as in his case.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

got first shot yesterday - Pfizer biotech slight discomfort in the arm were got the injection. go back on April 11th for 2nd injection at Walgreens.
darcy

Post by darcy »

reno wrote:got first shot yesterday - Pfizer biotech slight discomfort in the arm were got the injection. go back on April 11th for 2nd injection at Walgreens.
Great! :)

Going for my first shot tomorrow afternoon.
Hope I don't get distracted, and have the presence of mind to steer them to my right arm coz I'm a leftie :)

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I get flu shots each and every year since I had my spleen removed back in 86. Never had any issues with them. I forgot to mention that the injection site is also sore, but it's pretty much gone now.