thoughts needed

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

thoughts needed

Post by reno »

we have a cruise still booked for february we know its crazy . here what im trying to figure out at this time . to just cancel it and get a refund (its on Norwegian cruise line ) or sit back and wait for them to cancel and offer a bonus to rebook a cruise at a later date . after the government basically came just short of stop all cruises today. with there highest warning possible as to taking a cruise ? your thoughts this be the 2nd time we rebooked if we cancel .first time they gave us a nice incentive to rebook when they pulled the plug on are trip.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: thoughts needed

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Can you cancel and reschedule? If so I would.

Is it to a destination or a cruise to nowhere? Because some ports are not going to allow a ship to dock right now so a lot of the cruises have been changed to cruises to nowhere. If that's the case for yours, the company is not going to cancel it.

Now as for whether you should go? If it was me, hell no. But I have a wife with asthma, and an elderly parent at home.

But then again we know a lot more now than we knew 9 months ago. I expect the ship won't be fully booked. They are going to keep you apart as much as possible. I would do the buffets over the sit down dinners, and take your meals to an outside area on deck or back to your room. We now know that getting Covid from food is damn near impossible, so it's just being around people that's the problem.

I expect the crew to be sanitizing everything like crazy and squirting purell at you with water pistols.

Wear a mask everywhere except on deck or in your cabin.

If that works for you, and you have no one at home to worry about bringing Covid to (like me, I have a 97 year old parent living with me) then maybe it's worth the risk for you.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Doubt they'll cancel. The cruise industry is all excited about getting the green light recently to start cruising again.
------------------------------------------

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

kind of good we waited to cancel - :)
December 2, 2020
Dear Valued Guest,As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact communities around the globe, we have made the decision to suspend all voyages with embarkation dates through February 28, 2021 as well as all voyages onboard Norwegian Bliss, Breakaway, Epic, Gem, Getaway, Jade, Jewel, Pearl, Sky, Sun and Pride of America with embarkation dates through March 31, 2021. We are very sorry for any inconvenience these changes may have caused.REFUNDSPlease be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment you provided at the time of your most current reservation. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within 15 business days. You will see the refund returned within 7-10 business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on your financial institution’s internal policies. If your most current reservation was paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added within 7 days.For additional information pertaining to refunds, please visit http://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings.OUR THANKS TO YOUWe sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Norwegian Cruise Line and as mentioned previously, we cannot wait to provide you with the cruise vacation you were hoping for and likely need now more than ever! Therefore, in addition to the 100% refund or return of your FCC, you may receive all of the following offers when you chose to rebook:· A 10% OFF discount on your next cruise with us, combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking. The 10% OFFdiscount will be automatically added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of Thursday, December 3, 2020. This discount can be used to make a booking through December 2, 2021 and can be applied towards any sailings through December 31, 2022. · 30% OFF! For a limited time only, if you book a new cruise by December 12, 2020 for any published voyage through 2023, you will receive our special Black Friday offer: an additional 30% OFF!· TAKE ALL! Again, for a very limited time, if you book a new cruise by December 12, 2020 for any published voyage through 2023, you may TAKE ALL. This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL) in any cabin category and any voyage: a free unlimited beverage package, free specialty dining, a free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits and reduced rates for family and friends - a value of up to $2,890 per person! · A $150 discount + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, for $150, we will match it with an additional $150 discount. For CruiseFirst terms and conditions, please visit https://www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst. The combined value of these offers is well over $3,000 per person. This is our way of showing you how valuable you are to us.
NEW ITINERARIES TO INCREDIBLE DESTINATIONSWe have recently opened for sale amazing itineraries through summer 2023. When you visit http://www.ncl.com, you will find new sailings to Alaska, The Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada & New England, The Caribbean, Hawaii, the Mediterranean, and more on the most innovative ships at sea. Our goal is to provide you with the opportunity to plan and book your next extraordinary vacation as far in advance as possible so that all you have to do is savor the anticipation of a truly memorable cruise experience. YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETYDuring these extraordinary times, we are doing our part to provide you with peace of mind however and whenever we can. It goes without saying that our very first priority is always your health, safety, security and well-being so I encourage you to read all about the good work we are doing at https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegia ... fidence.If you have questions or would like to redeem your discount, please contact us at (866) 234-7350 or visit us at http://www.ncl.com.We look forward to exploring the world with you in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship!Sincerely, Katty ByrdVice President Guest Services