James "The Amazing" Randi dead at 92

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

James "The Amazing" Randi dead at 92

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Rest in Peace.

New York Times posted an extensive obituary:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/obit ... -dead.html
James Randi, a MacArthur award-winning magician who turned his formidable savvy to investigating claims of spoon bending, mind reading, fortunetelling, ghost whispering, water dowsing, faith healing, U.F.O. spotting and sundry varieties of bamboozlement, bunco, chicanery, flimflam, flummery, humbuggery, mountebankery, pettifoggery and out-and-out quacksalvery, as he quite often saw fit to call them, died on Tuesday at his home in Plantation, Fla. He was 92.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: James "The Amazing" Randi dead at 92

Post by Losbot »

Oh, crap!
That's a damn shame. I'm glad he got to make his documentary a few years ago. I purchased a copy and found it rather fascinating and fun to watch.

May he Rest in Peace.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I have his documentary, but hadn't gotten around to watching it. I intend to watch it this week.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

The documentary is on Prime. I'll have to try to watch it: https://www.amazon.com/Honest-Liar-Jame ... 8&qid=&sr=
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I have his documentary, but hadn't gotten around to watching it. I intend to watch it this week.
SOOO worth it. It's was very entertaining. Wish I would have met him in person.
------------------------------------------