brushless power tools

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

brushless power tools

Post by reno »

this is my first time using or owning a brushless drill. i'm very impressed with a Ridged 1/2 inch compact hammer drill. the motor sounds much different when you pull the trigger . then that of a brush type cordless tool. I received this drill today to evaluate . the unit the same size and about the 1/8 to 1/4 less in weight as the Ridgid R86008 1/2 vsr cordless drill. the new drill rated at same spec in torque and rpm. plus has the drill hammer built in to drill holes in cement. the clutch setting the same on both drills at 22 on there dial and both are reversible. but to me this brushless unit seems to run smoother and not because it brand new. its a Ridgid R8711B and should be on the shelfs in Home Depot in next month or 2. not trying to sell it but it really impressed me and seeing all my cordless power tools are Ridgid my batteries and tools are all compatible. I did just look back and found its been 6 years ago I register my first Ridgid cordless . I have not had one need service .did have one battery go bad but I work my tools im still using them daily .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: brushless power tools

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm really surprised it's take this long for brushless motors to make it into tools. Should be easier on the battery usage too.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Re: brushless power tools

Post by normalicy »

My first brushless experience is a Chinese copy of a Makita impact. Works pretty well so far.