Border Closed again

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Border Closed again

Post by reno »

for us in florida we are seeing the results of the board being closed now. traffic lighter on the roads from the lack of returning snowbirds.in my complex about 1/3 of the units /homes are owned by snowbirds . most are from canada or New York . I have heard from a lot of them and about all those from canada are not planning a return this winter. but its not only the canadians a bunch of American snowbirds have said there staying put were there at. i'm not sure if its because there afraid to go on a plane .see a lot have spare cars stored here. it could be because were a 55 and over community and a higher risk . but it is going to be a different winter without the snowbirds here in Florida. i'm sure it will affect thing down the road .as that's a lot of loss money to Florida .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Border Closed again

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, I expect it to make a big difference in The Villages. I've already heard some people don't want to come down to their winter house this year because they are afraid things will get worse, and they won't be allowed to go back to their home state.

Some people are planning to come down because our covid rates are much lower than wherever they live, so it's a mixed bag.

People are also concerned that all the entertainment venues are still closed, so no dancing in the squares yet, and that's a big part of the appeal.

If you're just coming down for the golfing, the courses never closed as far as I know.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno

Post by reno »

the golf courses were closed for like 2 weeks if i remember correctly .i'm not a golfer so not sure 100 %.
i do know it is a weird year for sure. we had a cruise cancel and a concert though live nation . but we took the option to rebook later on both. so we were given 25 to 50 percent more credit on the tickets .
We do have family and friend coming soon but wifes sisters have there own places here so all good.
on a side note - I need some dental work but i'm still waiting to make the appointments .I need a bridge for a tooth i had to have pulled a couple of months back . only because i'm still not 100 % comfortable yet going for treatments .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've been to the dentist recently, and I wouldn't worry too about it. They're taking insane precautions.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Same here - Been a few times recently and the precautions they're taking are what I'd consider "over the top" but it makes people feel better. Don't neglect your teeth because of this.
------------------------------------------

reno

Post by reno »

it's closed till november 21 now !