condo project for 2020

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: condo project for 2020

Post by reno »

update this project will be starting this week. if all the cabinets come in tomorrow safely . my extra stuff we have order is here or on ups trucks on the way to my home via tracking .so it just waiting with fingers crossed that cabinets arrive undamaged tomorrow. if they need to replace any it be 2-3 weeks before a replacement arrives -been there and had this before :(.
so i'll open and inspect each cabinet before we start. right now wife has are old cabinets empty out and all doors are off and been donate to a neighbor already.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I hope it goes well. I'm still mid upgrade on my old kitchen too. So much work.
reno

Post by reno »

normalicy wrote:I hope it goes well. I'm still mid upgrade on my old kitchen too. So much work.
you'll get there mikey I'll have a major advantage once I start .it be my only job and I'll have a full time helper along with me. my buddy Jim who works with me all the time. but this will /should be a 4-5 week project start to finish.
reno

Post by reno »

one cabinet is missing from the order its on the packing list .just wasn't on on the delivery truck it a 3 drawer 30 inch pot and pan unit.
update is it still was missing as of 5 pm today . the trucking company was asking for a extra day to try and locate it . my supplier aware of this and will place a order for a new unit if not found by close of day tomorrow.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

That stinks. I hope that it shows up.

Yeah, if I'm lucky, I'm getting about 10 hours a week into the project.
reno

Post by reno »

replacement had to be order -they couldn't locate the missing cabinet. just glad it won't delay start. spent day getting supplies. the price of lumber is crazy right now .OSB 7/16 was $27.98 a sheet and 1/2 osb was a dollar less a sheet I was like WTH . I needed plywood payed $41.35 per 4 x 8 sheet of 15/32. its crazy high for lumber right now.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Well, considering how busy the hardware stores are currently, it's hard to blame them. Apparently, pandemic=work on house.
reno

Post by reno »

I JUST GOT MY LAUGH FOR THE DAY
09/16/20
09:22 NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
An adult signature is required to complete this delivery. UPS will make a second attempt. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.
its for a 1 pound box of screws :)
SPAX#8 x 1-1/2 in. T-Star Plus Drive Washer/Wafer Head Partial Thread Yellow Zinc Coated Cabinet Screw (175-Box)
1 box - $9.50

SKU 1000021768 via ups.
reno

Post by reno »

took all the cabinets out and had a couple of surprises . first was to find out how small it was when it was originally installed. it always was only a small kitchen 108 " x 93 " x 8' but only 2 wall had cabinets and a fridge . they left a area open for a bistro table and 2 chairs in it . even do my condo is design with a L shape living room were it be a dinning room /living room . some were over the years (built in 1975) someone added more cabinets in the kitchen and refaced the old so it all looked correct and matched. also that one corner is sitting 1 inch lower so we be doing a whole lot of shimming of the base cabinets . this is the normal florida home with metal studs and cinder block walls that are fir out using 3/4 wood strips .im also taking a extra step and cutting the 1/2 drywall and installing 6 inch wide strips of 15 /32 plywood .to mount my cabinets as there no way to guarantee that i'll hit wall studs attaching the new cabinets .
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Just never goes the way you'd expect.
reno

Post by reno »

i know still not posted photo's - today the counter tops were given to be order. the price came in a minim of $30 less then originally quoted. but the good news that made me Happy is there will not be any seams . my longest run is 126.5 inch long . the max size of quartz counter tops is 128 inch's long. then we have two shorter pieces. one for my desk top and the 2nd for the other side of the stove were we have 36 inch base lazy susan cabinet and a double trash can cabinet . so in 10 days to 2 weeks we'll have them installed.then I be able to install the tile back splash and reinstall all the plumbing and dishwasher.thing should go back to normal just before thanksgiving . it be a 12 week plus project start to finish as long as nothing else go's sideway. but still need to fine a painter.(it the one thing I hate . we'll be redoing the kitchen ,dining room,living room and hallway . may hold off till after the holidays on setting up a painter.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I'm tracking right along with you. Finally got my cabinets back in a week ago, installed a backsplash, and now I'm installing laminate. I can finally see the end of the tunnel.
reno

Post by reno »

just got word counter tops wont be ready for install till nov 6 th . sure glad wife not going crazy without a kitchen or even a sink. having to use the guess bathroom sink for dish's and a sheet of plywood for food prep. im at a 99 % stand still till its installed :( glad it will a solid countertop without seams .im guessing but think the suppler had to special order a larger counter and that's the hold up . we knew it needed what known as a Super - Slab to not have any seams . just wish now that we didn't give are old stainless steel sink away to a scrapper .
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

That sucks. That's part of the reason we never did our kitchen while we were in the house. I was terrified that it would be 6 months before I got it back together.
reno

Post by reno »

latest news -as of noon today are quartz counter tops / sink have been installed . plan is tomorrow to install the garbage disposal, plumbing ,including ice maker on the fridge . to also get the led strip lights wired in under the cabinet's . hope to get platform built and installed for my stove . need to figure out how high it going to need to be. so are stoves glass top slide over the countertop https://www.samsung.com/us/home-applian ... 9311ss-aa/ after my small floor problem this may be intresting project in upon it self.there like 2 1/4 inch lift to my base cabinets do to floor being off. were the stove sits so I need to build a base for it to site on.
no sure right now if it will need to be built like a wedge as front may need to be lower then the rear by as much as 1/2 inch . this is in a 2 foot span. front to rear and the stoves adjustable leg wont. go high enough for this type of drop. extended all the way up max is 36 inch . the top of counter top is 37.5 inch to 38 off the floor :( it sucks but i'll adapt .