condo project for 2020

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: condo project for 2020

Post by reno »

house is Fu again painter due tomorrow - wa sec.to start friday then he canceled today if not here tomorrow he fired ! monday I start tile on backsplash. 2 days of laying and cutting . ( sub contracted painting because i hate to paint ( that simple ) nothing to fire the guy as im supplying all the paint -just labor cost for him and he not seen a dime yet . it's a guy i know and he has a history of delaying start dates . but i have my house dismantled to make his job easier . also found a electrical WTF problem . took off the 3 light switch face plate to discover that there only a 2 gang electrical box . but I have 3 light switches installed .sent a photo to my electrician buddy this morning. he said he fix it . there a red lead wire that weird seeing these are only 2 way switches. none are 3 way switches that would call for a jumper. my plan was to change all the plugs and switches to decor style and he was planned to install all the GFI outlets in are kitchen anyway .so just a bit more work for him :) he owes me anyway so it a barder job . update -fired my painter today do to not showing up . keep putting us off -started off be there Friday then Saturday and today due at 8am then 9:30 then by 11 am I just said screw you .think the guy has a party problem being nice he a nice guy but super hyper and very talkative personality . think he has a bit of a problem .so tomorrow im just going to start laying tile. will get the place painted after tile done .
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I'm officially done with contractors. I've had to work with about 5 of them in the last 6 months and not a single one was straight forward. Even though a few of them were well known companies. I'd rather do the work myself. Speaking of which, I just spent the day painting... week in fact.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

normalicy wrote:I'm officially done with contractors. I've had to work with about 5 of them in the last 6 months and not a single one was straight forward. Even though a few of them were well known companies. I'd rather do the work myself. Speaking of which, I just spent the day painting... week in fact.
this is first one I have let go in a while. but most of them i just sub - contract. but fine painters are the ones I have the most problem with.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I've found that painters are less than reliable as well.