anyone using mobile banking for deposits ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

anyone using mobile banking for deposits ?

Post by reno »

today I went to deposit a check into my account . when I open the app. it said my limit for deposit was less then the amount of the check . is there away to still make the mobile deposit of this check .or do you have to visit a branch office and go though a drive though or step inside the branch office.I know this deposit amount limit changes daily up and down .till today it not been a problem as my deposit have been under the bank set daily limit. (also it not like im taking money out of my account's . also we have more money in the account's then i'm depositing.

just thought ID ask if other banks do this limit thing to ?
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: anyone using mobile banking for deposits ?

Post by Genom »

I have been doing mobile deposits for years and never had an issue. From 35 bucks to 10K Between BoA and Discover
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Same here. Never had an issue.
reno

Post by reno »

found the answer today :( my bank puts monthly & daily limits on there / your account. as to how much you may deposit via there mobile phone app. :(. so monday or tuesday i'm going to make a appointment with them .been with this bank for a long time but may need to look around for a replacement or back up bank.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yes, I was about to say: Bank of America's mobile deposit works a lot like an regular Amex card. They let you try it out for a small check and if there's no issues, they'll increase you deposit limit, based on your deposit history. The more you use it without issues, the more they'll increase the limit. Just like Amex has a virtual limit that increases as you show you're responsible enough to pay your balance off and your usage.
------------------------------------------

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

I've been using mobile deposit since the day BoA made it available. I use it for my business account as well with Chase. As far as I know all banks put limits on online deposits. The limits all depend on the bank, customer, and other variables. I have no idea what my BoA limit is since I only a single check for a couple hundred once a month. My Chase business max is $25K. You should be able to request a review and see if they can increase the limit.
reno

Post by reno »

thanks guys will check into it monday or tuesday . its been great up to this point. but now my retirement business all of a sudden has boomed.( funny how it just took off ) . I started it when i retired here in florida 5 years ago very quietly just trying to help out my neighbor- to maybe pick up a little spare spending cash. now im having a full time worker and one part time helper and ready to pick up a 2nd part time worker. to top that all off im sending referrals to another person as there no way im able to handle all the calls im getting . till about 6 months ago i just get a call and be able to do the work in a day or 2. now im booking jobs 8 weeks ahead . also have people asking to be put on the list after that. thinking of raising my hourly rate and hoping to slow the tide down (people are not asking me cost they just want me to do the work) . wife would like me to slow down to. funny do some of my clients right now are friends of her. she why im working for them. i'm in a 2400 home gated community and only work inside this community.
last time I was this booked was when i was in business with FastEddy and we had 12 employee's.!