Corona Virus: On the positive side

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Corona Virus: On the positive side

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Nah. As a former hemorrhoid sufferer, I can tell you it's pressure and friction that hurts. Sitting can be painful if a hemorrhoid is outside, so the donut takes the pressure off.
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins, with thin skin, and wiping an external one with TP is very painful and will usually tear it and make it bleed.
A bidet is a very good solution for hemorrhoid sufferers. Quilted baby wipes is another.
Former? Did they go away on their own or was surgery the only option?
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

They are suppose to go away on their own. I've had them the last year off and on. I can go a couple of months, then they come back for a few days. To make matters worse, I'm on blood thinners so I have to be careful and watch my numbers called "protime". They are supposed to be between 2 and 3. A normal person value is 1.0. I also had a colonoscopy on Feb 24 which did not help matters. The doc kept bugging me to get a colonoscopy test since I never had one. Once you are over 40 they suggest getting one. Colon cancer does not run in my family, but the doc wants me to get another one when I turn 75. Probably won't. Anyway, hemorrhoids are not fun if you get them.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Thanks for that info, Exec!,,,, not the hemorrhoids bit,,the vid and links bit!
Lol ;) :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

been working but at night I have been organizing all my parts bins .they needed it for a very long time. i have like 20 plus assorted closable lid parts bin's some are nuts and bolts some that have electrical wire nuts like 2 in fact .plus one with small crimp type connector and heat shrink in it . others with asst washers . it fun spending 2-3 hours on one container with a small magnet and /or a wash pail sorting out all assorted crap .then using a shop vac and rags cleaning the bins just to reload all the stuff back in .but like type or color are neatly in order when returned and if i find im low on stock making a list for my next trip to home depot or local hardware for a fresh supply . can be costly to im finding it may seem like junk parts .but it add's up quick buying packages or boxs of a 100 or more of a item.of the small hardware like washers and screws.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I really need to clean out the garage. I'm thinking this weekend we'll finally do that. Been putting it off for ages.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Los: My hemmorhoids were bad and weren't just going away. I suffered with them for years. I had them removed with intense ultraviolet light. They just shrivel up in a few weeks. Very painless procedure, just a bit uncomfortable.

Exec: Get the colonoscopy over with. It's not all that bad. The prep isn't fun, but it's not going to be the worst thing you've ever done (also good excuse to start a diet). I stalled and finally did my first one last year at 58, but there's also no family history. She only found a couple of very tiny early polyps - they looked like warts in the photos - and removed them.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Dam, you all derailed my thread! lol It was supposed to be a positive thread about things you've been able to do with the extra time, instead you all talking about your hemorrhoids and colonoscopies! What are you all, old? :)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

As for what I'm doing. Catching up on computer games I haven't played, mending fences (with 20 acres you're always mending fences, but I've fallen behind). Catching up on a lot of reading.

Trying to start an online Python programming tutorial - something I've been wanting to do for a while.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

psypher wrote:Dam, you all derailed my thread! lol It was supposed to be a positive thread about things you've been able to do with the extra time, instead you all talking about your hemorrhoids and colonoscopies! What are you all, old? :)
Sorry...some of us are old farts. As to your thread, the title did not say "what are you doing with your time off". It only says Corona Virus on the positive side, which is why I put in that info from our company. Thought some of you may have found that interesting information on the subject.

As for what I'm doing with my time off, I'm actually working from home still employed, so for me it's only Saturday and Sunday. Both days I spend several hours gaming on TF2. I then may do some things around the house or watch movies/TV shows.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Waching the Tiger King documentary. I'm on episode two. Bat crazy stuff.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Waching the Tiger King documentary. I'm on episode two. Bat crazy stuff.
lol we started also, crazy shit.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Executioner wrote:
psypher wrote:Dam, you all derailed my thread! lol It was supposed to be a positive thread about things you've been able to do with the extra time, instead you all talking about your hemorrhoids and colonoscopies! What are you all, old? :)
Sorry...some of us are old farts. As to your thread, the title did not say "what are you doing with your time off". It only says Corona Virus on the positive side, which is why I put in that info from our company. Thought some of you may have found that interesting information on the subject.

As for what I'm doing with my time off, I'm actually working from home still employed, so for me it's only Saturday and Sunday. Both days I spend several hours gaming on TF2. I then may do some things around the house or watch movies/TV shows.
lol, no yours was good. I was just taking at shot at the hemorrhoids and colonoscopies replies :)
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Well........this IS the PCA Forums........."Where the old farts gather." What'd you expect? LOL

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I have a feeling that Losbot has hemorrhoids and wanted some information. :D

Yeah my colonoscopy came out fine. Just like Flying Penguin, they found 2 very small polyps which they removed, and thus, the 10 year check again. One of the changes I made was NOT to sit on the toilet so long. For years, I would sit for 15-20 minutes doing shit on my phone. Now I'm not on there longer than 5 minutes.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Executioner wrote:
.***
Hey! I commented on your company info post, Exec! :)

,,, and p.s. - I'm probably older than most of you! ,,,, and no, you can't ask, lol :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.