Corona Virus: On the positive side

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
psypher
Golden Member

Corona Virus: On the positive side

Post by psypher »

So the topic has it's own thread, mostly on the negative side so I wanted to start a thread where we can post some positive results during this world changing event.

With everyone staying home we now have plenty of extra time that normally would have been spent on commutes or planned/sometimes useless events.

So far our family has been able to do the following:

Saving money by cooking every day (we were eating around 4 nights a week).

We've had a lot more family game nights.

I built an elevated garden bed for the wife so she can practice before i build something bigger.

I replaced the toilet in our master bath. Wife has been bugging me since last year for a bidet. I need to put in an electrical outlet and then paint.
Err
Life Member

Re: Corona Virus: On the positive side

Post by Err »

Very Nice. I look for bidets to be the next hot item.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Err wrote:Very Nice. I look for bidets to be the next hot item.
Yup. The previous toilet was round and lower than standard (14"), thing was probably 20+ years old, maybe older. Since I knew I wanted to replaced it with an elongated toilet, I didn't want to get a bidet for the old round toilet.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I have a feeling bidet sales are going to increase a little. ;)
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Interesting...can you give us more detailed pictures of the bidet? How exactly does it work? Is it a separate toilet or an attachment? The wife and I are having difficulty getting toilet paper. She has 95% of her colon removed 2 years ago, and has to go more often than someone like me who only goes poop once a day.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Executioner wrote:Interesting...can you give us more detailed pictures of the bidet? How exactly does it work? Is it a separate toilet or an attachment? The wife and I are having difficulty getting toilet paper. She has 95% of her colon removed 2 years ago, and has to go more often than someone like me who only goes poop once a day.
The ones I'm looking at basically replace the seat. It requires power, so you'll need an outlet near by. The one I'm looking at was recommended by a friend, he's had his for 9 years. Heat seat, adjustable water pressure/temperature, air dryer.
http://www.biolifetechnologies.com/COCO9500X-Bidet.html
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Sold 3 bowlers that were taking up space in the barn. Spent 3 days going through other stuff and general cleaning and organizing of stuff. Now I have room for more junk.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Nice idea with the elevated garden bed :) .

We're in a small apartment, so no building or remodeling going on here,,!
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I haven't gotten around to anything real around the house. Been busy with work.
Wife does want me to clean out the garage so she can get her car in there as well. We'll end up doing that, I'm sure.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

psypher wrote:
Executioner wrote:Interesting...can you give us more detailed pictures of the bidet? How exactly does it work? Is it a separate toilet or an attachment? The wife and I are having difficulty getting toilet paper. She has 95% of her colon removed 2 years ago, and has to go more often than someone like me who only goes poop once a day.
The ones I'm looking at basically replace the seat. It requires power, so you'll need an outlet near by. The one I'm looking at was recommended by a friend, he's had his for 9 years. Heat seat, adjustable water pressure/temperature, air dryer.
http://www.biolifetechnologies.com/COCO9500X-Bidet.html
Never Ending Warm Water
Most bidet seats have a large reservoir which provides around one minute of warm water. You also have to constantly keep the water at a warm temperature. The COCO 9500 series is unique in that it heats the water instantly and is therefore more energy efficient and easier on the electric bill.
Enema
Aluminum Nozzle
Heated Seat
Deodorizer
LED COCO Light
Massage Function
Pulsation Function
Kids Function
Adjustable Water Pressure/Temperature
Posterior and Feminine Wash
Warm Air Dryer
Soft Closing Lid and Seat
Learning Energy Saving

Please tell me that "enema" and "kid's function" are on the same button.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

This thread is making my butt tingly all over. LOL

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'm sure it would be good for those with hemorrhoids.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'd imagine it would hurt if you had hemorrhoids. Isn't that why they have those donut pillows?

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nah. As a former hemorrhoid sufferer, I can tell you it's pressure and friction that hurts. Sitting can be painful if a hemorrhoid is outside, so the donut takes the pressure off.

Hemorrhoids are swollen veins, with thin skin, and wiping an external one with TP is very painful and will usually tear it and make it bleed.

A bidet is a very good solution for hemorrhoid sufferers. Quilted baby wipes is another.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I have some information here that I received from my manager at work. I currently work at Abbott Vascular, and our company has been devoting a lot of time to come up with a test. This is the same device that President Trump showed on TV, even though it was upside down LOL. Anyway, we are working on building the plastic pieces that go inside the test chamber. Here is a link: https://www.alere.com/en/home.html
There are videos there that you can watch like this one:

Here is more information that you won't see on the news, coming from our company: https://techstartups.com/2020/03/16/goo ... king-news/

Here is a link for someone that came up with a simple design ventilator. https://www.element14.com/community/thr ... entilators

I was going to retire in May of this year, but with a reduction of my 401k, I'm probably going to play it month by month. The division that I work for, does not have a replacement person for me yet due to the virus. I'm currently the SME (subject matter expert) for Calibration/Metrology that covers 5 different sites: Temecula, CA; Santa Clara, CA (the site that I work in); Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Menlo Park, and finally Clonmel, Ireland.