The Lockpicking Lawyer: Bypassing the $100 TappLock One+ Fingerprint Padlock

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

The Lockpicking Lawyer: Bypassing the $100 TappLock One+ Fingerprint Padlock

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: The Lockpicking Lawyer: Bypassing the $100 TappLock One+ Fingerprint Padlock

Post by Err »

If I was the company that made that lock, I'd be grateful to him for exposing such a simple attack. I wonder if a simple fix would be shielding the motor with a bit of iron like a ship's compass?
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: The Lockpicking Lawyer: Bypassing the $100 TappLock One+ Fingerprint Padlock

Post by Losbot »

At the rate this guy posts videos, I'll never buy a damn lock ever again. Does anything actually "pass" his tests? LOL
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah he does have some recommendations on his YouTube channel.

He is well aware that he has become a very good lock picker, so even if he can pick a lock, he may still recommend it if he thinks it took expert skills, and the lock is otherwise robust.

Let's face it, some kid breaking into your shed is more likely to use a bolt cutter than a lock pick.

His biggest pet peeve are companies that advertise a lock as 'unpickable'. He loves embarrassing them. In actuality ANY lock can be picked, it's just a matter of how hard it is.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Locks should be rated like safes. There is no safe that's impenetrable so they are rated by the amount of time it takes a pro to break in.