IndyCar to follow NASCAR into virtual racing amid coronavirus shutdown

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

IndyCar to follow NASCAR into virtual racing amid coronavirus shutdown

Post by FlyingPenguin »

That's it. We've won! The geeks have inherited the Earth!
IndyCar is following NASCAR's lead by transitioning to virtual racing as the coronavirus pandemic has shut down sporting events across the nation.

IndyCar’s first iRacing event is scheduled for Saturday and will be streamed live on indycar.com, according to a press release from the organization. Twenty-five cars will race on a track being decided by fans through a voting bracket, The Associated Press reported.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... oronavirus
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: IndyCar to follow NASCAR into virtual racing amid coronavirus shutdown

Post by Losbot »

If we keep this up we'll all be living a real version of the Second Life game. lol
------------------------------------------

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

It would be cool if all the drivers had to use VR headsets for the race. Instead of building the car, each team has to build the computer to run the game.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

MLB has been using a console and posting games played by the AI of the actual, scheduled games. It's pretty cool and there's no commercials, so the game is like 1.5hrs tops on average.
Some of the games, like the Miami Marlins, were played by people (players) instead of letting the AI do both sides.
------------------------------------------