xkcd: Toilet paper

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

xkcd: Toilet paper

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: xkcd: Toilet paper

Post by Err »

They should move on to eggs. Oh, wait. . .
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I went to Costco this morning. They stated they open the doors at 8am for those 60 and over. I get there at 7:30 to get gas @ $2.45/gal for regular. I took about 5 minutes to pay and finish, then I headed over to the main parking lot, only to discover that they had already opened the doors because the line was wrapping around the building. I get inside only to find LOTS of people inside, more that I would normally see. There was a run on anything that was paper: TP, Napkins, wipes, etc. No TP was available.
I have a feeling if this continues, we will see something like the 70's gas lines, where you could only buy gas on certain days.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

It seems that hardware stores are the place to get paper products. I dropped by our local True Value (Ace Hardware) and they didn't have a lot of toilet paper, but the did have about a dozen packs. This is at the end of the day.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Good to know. Thanks
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I passed by Publix (large grocery chain for those that don't know) today to pick up a few things. Got lucky as they had just received their truck like 15 mins earlier. People were waiting in the household aisle for TP, napkins, etc...
I figured I'd pick up a few things we needed and when I passed by again, I managed to get 1 pack of TP and 1 pack of Bounty paper towels. Buys us an additional 2 weeks.