Chase bank is weird

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Chase bank is weird

Post by reno »

my friend has a account with them .today he went there with a cash deposit .he had a deposit slip and $1000.00 in cash .we drive up to the drive up and send the money via the tube . he didn't have his driver license with him . they sent the money back saying they needed it to make the deposit. we even sent my ID and turned the deposit down saying they couldn't accept the cash because i'm not on the account. so he had to drive back home 7 miles one way .and then return to make the deposit again this time with his wife . he had a florida hunting license but they wouldn't accept that as proof . first time I have seen a bank turn away Cash for deposit in a account. he screwed up I agree leaving his wallet on his dresser .but still who turns down cash ? it wasn't a check I could see that . or trying to make a withdraw from the account . he is a out of state snow bird . :bang :bang :bang
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Chase bank is weird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've had issues like that with Wells Fargo when we used to get a rather large check every month for rent from a warehouse we used to own. Over a certain amount they require ID and approval from the head banker,

This was stupid because I realized, eventually, I could just put it in the night depository or in the ATM with no hassle.

To be fair, I think it's a federal requirement, to catch money laundering and other illegal activity.

And I have to ask, why wasn't your friend carrying his driver's license?
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Chase bank is weird

Post by Losbot »

Banks have gotten a bid absurd lately. Not surprised they'd be anal about ID but for a mere $1k? If it were like $10k, then I'd understand but still.....it's CASH. Wow.