some good news lower gas prices

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

some good news lower gas prices

Post by reno »

i just payed $2.00.9 a gallon for regular and if I'd waited till tomorrow. it may of been under $2.00 per gallon for shell regular. i did have a shell rewards card to get .05 cents off per gallon , I have heard cosco has gas for under $2.00 but not worth the drive . this is in the tampa ,florida area.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: some good news lower gas prices

Post by Executioner »

Yeah I haven't checked lately, but I normally full up at Costco. It's currently $2.95 for regular according to their web site, but it may be lower. Here in CA we get raped due to all the taxes.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Been below $2 here for the past week.

Trouble is that this is because of the lower oil prices, which are hurting shale oil producers here. We can't complete with Russia and Opec at those prices.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Yet diesel is still at around 2.60. I don't get it. Heating season is about over it should be down.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've never understood why diesel is so much more expensive. Granted it involves different refining methods, and there's a huge demand for trucking, but does that really explain it all?

What really burns me is how rediculously expensive pure gas is. I try to buy it for my 2 cycle stuff. It's a dollar more, and sometimes even more.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I started buying the canned gas for my lawn equipment because I got tired of my mowers getting devoured by pump gas. Even using the recommended treatments, I was only get two to three years from a motor before it started running rough and ultimately not starting.

I wish I had a station that sold pure gas for my car. I don't have any issues with running pump gas but pure gas will net a couple more miles per gallon.

I think the diesel is all demand. The oil companies have no reason to drop the price because they sell a steady supply of it.