Corona Virus

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Corona Virus

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Psypher: Yeah, this was under doctor's orders, but she knows that if she has serious trouble breathing, she needs to call 911.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

President Donald Trump acknowledged Sunday for the first time that deaths in the United States from coronavirus could reach 100,000 or more, adding that if the death toll stays at or below 100,000, "we all together have done a very good job."
Next month, "if the death toll stays at or below 1,000,000, "we all together have done a very good job."

I''m sure spending over a month down playing it didn't cause any harm at all.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Let's revisit the Trump corona virus denial timeline, shall we? Although my all-time favorite foot-in-mouth quote isn't in there:
Feb 26: "The 15 cases within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:Yikes. My cousin and his wife and daughter live in Brooklyn, I think Brooklyn Heights. I just read that NY City hit a corona virus death every 9.5 minutes (67 in the past 24 hours).
Wishing them the best. Hope they stay safe. NY is no surprise. LOTS of people living in high density areas? Too easy for it to spread. Like China.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I have to wonder how this will effect people living in NYC in the future. Will people start wearing masks all the time in subways - even after this is all over - like they do in Tokyo and some other crowded Asian cities?

In Tokyo, EVERYONE owns a mask, and they're very stylish with all kinds of graphic designs on them.

It would be an interesting social change because I know that many stores around here (before all this) didn't allow you to wear a mask in the store, like on Halloween, out of the concern that you might be a robber. I think some municipalities even have ordinances against wearing masks in public.

darcy

Post by darcy »

Emergency field hospital set up in NYC/Manhattan's Central Park -

Link w/vid: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... -covid-19/
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

A planeload of health care supplies arrived in New York City on Sunday from China
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... house-says

Is this part of the 17.8 tons of medical supplies that the US shipped to China back in February.
https://www.state.gov/the-united-states ... ronavirus/
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

darcy wrote:
Shadow250 wrote:
Executioner wrote:Yeah I know NY is bad, but that is how the data was presented by country only. I would be interested to see the same graph based on each state of the union.

Hi im from ny and would like to clarify that new york CITY is the hotzone. Most of the outlying counties have very low numbers of cases. My county only has 6 cases reported. I saw what RI is doing with the military going door to door. I dont think thats even legal.
What part of NY, Shadow?
I'm in one of the 5 boroughs comprising NYCity.

im in walton ny its in delaware county near the pa border
darcy

Post by darcy »

Shadow250 wrote:
darcy wrote:
Shadow250 wrote:

Hi im from ny and would like to clarify that new york CITY is the hotzone. Most of the outlying counties have very low numbers of cases. My county only has 6 cases reported. I saw what RI is doing with the military going door to door. I dont think thats even legal.
What part of NY, Shadow?
I'm in one of the 5 boroughs comprising NYCity.

im in walton ny its in delaware county near the pa border
Not overly far away; stay safe!

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

darcy wrote:Emergency field hospital set up in NYC/Manhattan's Central Park -

Link w/vid: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... -covid-19/

I'm glad to see these going up but I hate that Samaritan's Purse is involved. This is Franklin Graham the lesser's organization. They will only let medical staff volunteer if they sign a Faith Statement.

Stay safe up there Darcy!
darcy

Post by darcy »

Thank you, Err,, and you do the same!

I've just learned today that my SIL's brother (who lives in Flushing, Queens ), has the virus, and is on respirator in ICU. He had had gall bladder surgery last week. I am praying for him,,

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Keeping him in my thoughts. :(

darcy

Post by darcy »

Thank you very much, Losbot.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

everyone be safe -florida I just hear is closing its freeway to out state car trying to come in unless you have property here and have proof with you in the car ! (not 100% sure but if seems correct ) unless your have a commercial drivers license / trucker. florida like 1 one step away from a complete lockdown as of this coming friday .that will be next to happen here. (as a contractor im able to keep working for now and im glad or i'd be going stur crazy. i do have work orders and to play safe im pre ordering supplies to keep working for clients if we do go to a full shut down . (i have 30 days of work line up as of today -2 bath remodel , 1 kitchen & 1 house of flooring and all some small 1 and 2 day quick repairs ,(funny and im retired ya right )all in my gated community .
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I read the same a couple of days ago. FL is stopping all passenger cars and turning people away. Only allowing commercial trucks for deliveries.

Reno, you in FL? What part?