If Commercials were Real Life - 2020 Hyundai Smaht Pahk

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

If Commercials were Real Life - 2020 Hyundai Smaht Pahk

Post by FlyingPenguin »

NSFW!

Actually one of the dumbest features in the world. All it does is let you park in a tight space where you normally wouldn't be able to open the door, thus guaranteeing that one of the people parked next to you can't get in their car. So yeah, you want to get your car keyed, use Smart Park.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Re: If Commercials were Real Life - 2020 Hyundai Smaht Pahk

Post by Pugsley »

Yeah its a car for a hoarder. They can have a full garage and then pull the car into and exact spot. Other then that yeah this video is spot on.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I'm considering a Hyundai Sonata as my commuter car but I wouldn't pay for or use such a stupid option. Their options don't mention it by name but I assume it's part of the Convenience Package or Premium Package. Those cost $1,500 and $1,850 respectively.

Also, the option would be more useful if it could back into a spot.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Hyundai has issued a recall because of this option: https://www.motor1.com/news/410727/hyun ... mart-park/
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, “the RSPA software may fail to prevent vehicle movement upon detection of an RSPA system malfunction.” In the event of some kind of system failure, the car might continue moving unchecked instead of defaulting to a stop.
The fix is a software update but who would trust this in the first place?
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

WOW I can't... or maybe I can believe that it was not FAIL SAFE! What ever happened to that. Look at most older equipment... it was designed to fail safe.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I agree that option seems dumb, but the root cause is the idiot that can't park between 2 white lines. That person should get a ticket and be fined at least $250 or more. Stupid people like that should ride the bus.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I used to love parking my POS wagon way out in the parking lot next to the Corvette that parked out there so no one would park next to it... I never was a dick about it just put it properly in the space next to them. I think one of them even keyed my car... Jokes on him I just got out a can or red primer and sprayed over it. I wish I could have found his car and then sprayed mine again while next to him so the over spay would get on his car... but over all good times.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Pugsley wrote:I used to love parking my POS wagon way out in the parking lot next to the Corvette that parked out there so no one would park next to it... I never was a dick about it just put it properly in the space next to them. I think one of them even keyed my car... Jokes on him I just got out a can or red primer and sprayed over it. I wish I could have found his car and then sprayed mine again while next to him so the over spay would get on his car... but over all good times.
LOL
I'm typically one of those that parks way out there so people don't ding my car and because it's also a little more exercise.
------------------------------------------

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Yeah I never got that close to them that I could scratch them. Just to prove a warped point and have some fun. Nothing like A POS wagon next to your shiny new car.