Book Nook Shelf Inserts Are Really Cool, And Everyone Should Know They Exist

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Book Nook Shelf Inserts Are Really Cool, And Everyone Should Know They Exist

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well mine finally came in today. Drilled a hole in the back of the bookcase for the power wire, and connected it to the timer that turns on the bookcase lights.

I'm loving it. Would love to get a sci-fi one to embed in my sci-fi book collection.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Re: Book Nook Shelf Inserts Are Really Cool, And Everyone Should Know They Exist

Post by Err »

Nice. I need more shelf space.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Nice!!
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

normalicy wrote:Sadly, I have over double the shelves you do and I still have to double up on some of the shelves. I just don't enjoy the digital book experience. But maybe that's because I haven't tried an e-ink display.
I really prefer the e-ink, with no back-lighting, more than the others. It's just a more natural way to read a book, using the ambient light reflecting off the screen instead of it being lit up from behind. I take my B&N Nook on trips so that I don't have to lug actual books around. Plus the battery life on the e-ink devices is great. I've gone days with a single charge.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Video, so you can see the street lights flicker.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.