Book Nook Shelf Inserts Are Really Cool, And Everyone Should Know They Exist

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Book Nook Shelf Inserts Are Really Cool, And Everyone Should Know They Exist

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

darcy

Re: Book Nook Shelf Inserts Are Really Cool, And Everyone Should Know They Exist

Post by darcy »

Cool! :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Book Nook Shelf Inserts Are Really Cool, And Everyone Should Know They Exist

Post by FlyingPenguin »

There's more of them in the article, including a video of one that's a recreation of an alley from the movie Bladerunner, which is amazing.

Link to video: https://www.reddit.com/r/booknooks/comm ... s_gift_my/

I must say these are things that I didn't know were missing from my life. I'm looking at one on Etsy right now for my office bookcase...
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

darcy

Post by darcy »

I bet you never knew you needed that until you saw it, lol :)

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Very cool, yet I have no space for one :(
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I need more shelves too. I also need a house to put said shelves. If I had to do it all over again, I'd never bought the house we're currently in. I'd have had a room that's all shelves like a library.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I finally have real book cases in the office of my new house, after decades of yearning to have a room with a library. But now all my books are in electronic format :)

That said I do have a collection of books - mostly technical, science and sci-fi, from before the digital era that I boxed up two decades ago when we moved up here. There's also a, couple,of books I bought recently that aren't available in Kindle or Audible. And I have a nearly complete collection of all Invention & Technology magazines that I love to re-read. My wife also has several DIY books, so I have them all on display.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Okay, I haven't bought something pricey and stupid for myself in a while, so I did find a book nook on Etsy I really like. This guy seems to make quality items. Will post photos when it comes in.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/748466824/ ... rv-1&bes=1

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Sadly, I have over double the shelves you do and I still have to double up on some of the shelves. I just don't enjoy the digital book experience. But maybe that's because I haven't tried an e-ink display.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, Kindle backlit is the easiest on the eyes, but if I'm on the road I generally read from the phone.

To be honest, I'd say 75% of my book reading is Audible audio books. I've been listening to audio books in the car and the gym for decades (even back in the cassette tape days) and I find it easier to focus on fiction by listening to an audio book, even if it's just sitting on the porch at home.

Non-fiction I still prefer to actually read. It's easier to skim backwards a few paragraphs to try to understand a difficult topic, and the science books generally have diagrams.

Audio is okay for biographies and historical books.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, Kindle backlit is the easiest on the eyes, but if I'm on the road I generally read from the phone.

To be honest, I'd say 75% of my book reading is Audible audio books. I've been listening to audio books in the car and the gym for decades (even back in the cassette tape days) and I find it easier to focus on fiction by listening to an audio book, even if it's just sitting on the porch at home.

Non-fiction I still prefer to actually read. It's easier to skim backwards a few paragraphs to try to understand a difficult topic, and the science books generally have diagrams.

Audio is okay for biographies and historical books.

darcy

Post by darcy »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Okay, I haven't bought something pricey and stupid for myself in a while, so I did find a book nook on Etsy I really like. This guy seems to make quality items. Will post photos when it comes in.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/748466824/ ... rv-1&bes=1
I clicked, and it said unavailable - no pic. ( probably 'cause you bought it! )

On side note, I came across this neat bookcase pic :) -

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

He does limited runs and he said there was only a few left in this run, then when he's ready for a new run he posts it.

I wonder if a bunch of people like me came looking for something like that after reading the article?

I wish I had saved some of the photos but there is one left from a customer on his reviews, that shows a close up of the inside.

Dusting it will be fun. I guess I'll have to use some canned air :)

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I found photos archived on Google photo search:

and this is the back:

darcy

Post by darcy »

They look pretty cool :)