'Designed by clowns': Boeing messages raise serious questions about 737 Max

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

'Designed by clowns': Boeing messages raise serious questions about 737 Max

Post by FlyingPenguin »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... l-messages
The messages sent between 2015 and 2018 show unnamed employees discussing the potentially fatal implications of what they believed was substandard work on the 737 Max project.

In an exchange in 2018, one refers to “to the very very few of us on the program who are interested only in truth”, and asks: “Would you put your family on a MAX simulator trained aircraft? I wouldn’t.”

The other employee responded: “No.”

In instant messages sent in April 2017 complaining about the Max’s flight management technology, an employee wrote: “This airplane is designed by clowns who in turn are supervised by monkeys.” They referred to its “piss poor design” and urged: “Let’s just patch the leaky boat”.

Referring to the Federal Aviation Authority, the US regulator that certified the plane as safe to fly, another message says: “I’ll be shocked if the FAA passes this turd.”
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Re: 'Designed by clowns': Boeing messages raise serious questions about 737 Max

Post by Pugsley »

This whole thing is the fault of the bean counters and stock holders trying to save a buck instead of certing a new air frame.