getting new windows installed in my condo

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

getting new windows installed in my condo

Post by reno »

we order new vinyl replacement windows and a doorwall . man am I glad we had them done .its a lot different then when I use to install windows up north.. these have to be hurricane- (impact rated) . that means they are 3 panes of glass . the outer glass is design like auto two layers with a thin plastic film bonded between them . then the third pane on the inside . making them a lot heavier then the old double pane I use to install . then there the tapcon Screws we use them up north like they do here . but for code there using 3 time the number of screws we use to meet michigan's building code. here the windows screwed in all 4 sides of inside frame -3 tapcons screws each on the top and bottom and then 6 to 8 tapcon screws on both sides and caulk in florida . in Michigan it was 3 or 4 tapcon screws or drywall screws depending if a wood or cement wall frame . on both sides of the window and you were done. after that you just stuff fiberglass insulation around the window add 1/4 round wood trim and or wood moulding painted or stained around the window a bit of caulk if needed and your done.