$125 from Equifax

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Executioner
Life Member

$125 from Equifax

Post by Executioner »

Here’s how to get $125 from this week’s settlement

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/25/8930 ... -up-how-to

It said I was eligible, so I settled for a check. The other option is a pre-paid card. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete the on line form.

The FTC this morning posted the claim website, where you can both check if you were affected by the company’s breach and fill out the relatively simple form that lets you specify to which claims you feel entitled. Thankfully, it is not operated by Equifax, but by the settlement administrator JND, which handles these types of sprawling class action and corporate bankruptcy cases that may eventually involve millions of people filing claims.

Tomorrow I'm going to have my wife check.
psypher
Golden Member

Re: $125 from Equifax

Post by psypher »

yea, I'm going to file it later and take the check. I locked mine with all three shortly after the announcement of the breach.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Frankly I don't need the money, but I'm going to file for my wife and I because any money they don't pay, stays in their pockets. I want these clowns to pay every nickel and then some.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Wife's was not impacted, and neither my father-in-law who is living with us.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Like you Bob, fuck these assholes. I filed and since you can put a max of 10 hours with no documents at 25 bucks an hour, I did so. I want them to tell me I didnt spend the time on the phone checking my credit, history and putting freezes on the accounts.
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

I did this claim thing. I have not received any sort of email confirmation. does this just go off into cyberspace and maybe show up a year later?
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I bet we don't get anything.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

They made the enws afterwards cause so many -people claimed, they ran out of money. Something like each person will get 50 cents or something stupid because the gov. is retarded and fined them waaaaay to little for the level of fuckup.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I agree Genom. The only ones that make out are the government and lawyers.