Innova ITX9900 Inversion Table mini review

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Innova ITX9900 Inversion Table mini review

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've been wanting an inversion table for a while, and now that I have room for it in the garage I decided to pull the trigger. One trip to the chiropractor for decompression therapy easily paid for the table. While I don't have a really bad back, I do sometimes get lower back and sciatic pain - left over from a bad fall I had from a ladder in 2011. When I was younger I used to use inversion boots.

I discussed the purchase with a cousin of mine who has one, and he highly recommended the ones made by Innova. They make several models. The least expensive is the ITX 9600 for $120: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003QCI4GG

I did some research online and Innova has exellent reviews on several sites including Amazon.

I decided on the slightly pricier ITX 9900 which has an air adjustable lumbar support cushion, and a longer adjustment handle for the foot clamp for $140 (highly recommended - you don't have to bend way over to clamp your ankles): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN1R1ZG

They make pricier models with additional features, including one model with a safety harness if being hung upside down by your ankles makes you feel uncomfortable.

I can highly recommend the ITX 9600. It does hold your full weight via an ankle clamp, and depending on how strong your ankles are, you might have to build up your ankle strength by starting at a lower angle at first. There's not need to make the clamp tight - I set it for one notch looser than full tightness as I don't like the pressure on the ankes. As long as you wear laced shoes (explicitly recommended in the manual - I wouldn't trust velro or slip-ons), it's no problem. I use laced sneakers. I initially I did use the full tightness on the clamp when I didn't totally trust it in the beginning.

You don't have to go for a full inversion - there are stops that let you set the max rotation, and the manual recommends you start with a lower rotation first until you get used to it. If you set it up right for you precise center of gravity, you can control the rotation by just raising and lowering your hands, although there are also hand rails.

You do have to assemble it, but the instructions are straight forward. Tools are included but a crescent wrench and a better allen wrench than they provide makes it easier.

It's well built, and very strong. I'm not tight on space in the garage where I have it set up, but it's designed to fold up flat for easy storage. It's rated for 300 pounds max, and I weight 235 and I don't feel that it's having any problem with my weight.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.