This PC wouldn’t boot... you’ll never guess why!

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

This PC wouldn’t boot... you’ll never guess why!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Stupid design.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Re: This PC wouldn’t boot... you’ll never guess why!

Post by Err »

How did Kingston get away with not recalling this drive?

This video makes me wonder how much cooler PC's and video cards would be if they didn't have LED's at all.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

ROFL. The only LED I even have in mine is on my EVGA video card. I don't really like having LEDs fans in my computer, even thought I have a clear window on mine. Now I'm going to see how I can turn it off the video card!
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

psypher wrote:ROFL. The only LED I even have in mine is on my EVGA video card. I don't really like having LEDs fans in my computer, even thought I have a clear window on mine. Now I'm going to see how I can turn it off the video card!
My EVGA has one too. If there's no way to change the color through EVGA's software, you'll have to unplug it. Make sure the fans still work if you do so.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Wow. Yeah I wonder why they haven't been recalled, unless the user does not turn on that option? The only LED I've ever used was on a typical case fan that was blue in color, and the case had a total of 3 fans. In the end though, why would you want LED's on the SSD, and have so many of them to boot?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I wouldn't worry too much about the LEDs on a video card. The SSD was a crazy stupid design. Instead of putting a diffuser on it, they jammed 75 LEDs on there.

This one drive in particular must have had a bad heat spreader or something. Most people who have benchmarked this drive just see it get hot enough to greatly reduce read/write speeds, not crash the system.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

What I dont get is if it has LEDS on it why cant they flash or change color for activity? you know something useful.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Err wrote:
psypher wrote:ROFL. The only LED I even have in mine is on my EVGA video card. I don't really like having LEDs fans in my computer, even thought I have a clear window on mine. Now I'm going to see how I can turn it off the video card!
My EVGA has one too. If there's no way to change the color through EVGA's software, you'll have to unplug it. Make sure the fans still work if you do so.
LED Visualizer can turn it off
https://forums.evga.com/Official-Nvidia ... 37454.aspx