YouTube Disabled Comments On Livestreams Of A Congressional Hearing On White Nationalism Because They Were Too Hateful

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

YouTube Disabled Comments On Livestreams Of A Congressional Hearing On White Nationalism Because They Were Too Hateful

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: YouTube Disabled Comments On Livestreams Of A Congressional Hearing On White Nationalism Because They Were Too Hatef

Post by Err »

It's a shame some intern in congress didn't capture the comments and gotten them to the hearing.

I don't know how bad the comments got but I know you can create a list of words and phrases that if typed by chat, will result in a ban. YouTube and Facebook can't win this situation. The moment they started cracking down on hate speech, White Power crap, etc., they get accused of Shadow banning conservatives and censorship.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: YouTube Disabled Comments On Livestreams Of A Congressional Hearing On White Nationalism Because They Were Too Hatef

Post by Losbot »

Well, we all know that only White Men are capable of being racist in this nation it seems. Everyone else has a card they can play. SMH
Apparently white men are all racists and misogynists while all other races and colors are minorities and/or victims.

Things are at a level of stupid I've not seen before.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

When a skin head bashes your head in for being black/Jewish/latino/gay or whatever. That's not 'playing' a victim. That's getting your skull caved in.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "