Puerto Rico acknowledges hurricane death toll 20 times higher

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Puerto Rico acknowledges hurricane death toll 20 times higher

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Puerto Rico acknowledges hurricane death toll 20 times higher

Post by reno »

I always thought the death toll was way more then officially reported .even this seen light from the photos we have seen on tv. it kind of like the way the government reported the death toll from the riots in detroit in 1967 . we had a aunt that worked at Henry Ford hospital in detroit at the time of the riots. she always said that the hospitals morgue had more dead then the count released by government officials. this was just one of many hospitals in the area's of the riots of detroit . Im sure there was about 5 or 6 other hospitals. if not more plus the city's own morgue. and they all were filled to the brim with corpse at the time .even my late father in-law was a detroit fireman at the time of these riots said the official numbers were false. government's release numbers they think we can live with in time of major tragedies. it's the old saying Less Is Best.