Mitsubishi Slim ductless AC blower cleaning

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Mitsubishi Slim ductless AC blower cleaning

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I have one of these in my patio. They're great, but the blower gets very dirty over a couple of years.

The AC company that installed it tells me there's no way for me to clean the blower, so the first time it got all gunked with damp, sticky dust, I had to pay a substantial amount to have a couple of their guys dismantle the unit to clean it.

This time I was determined to find out if I could do it myself. I googled around and did find a couple of tutorials showing that the vertical louvers and screen that blocks access to the blower CAN SWING OUT OF THE WAY giving you direct access to the blower!

Sadly, those two videos were not for my specific model, and the release tabs on mine were different and not obvious. I spent about 20 minutes on a ladder scratching my head until I figured it out, and then I just grabbed my 1 inch round PC case dusting brush and brushed off the blower and wiped it down inside.

I quickly put a video together to remind me how to do this again next time AND I put it on YouTube for the benefit of others:

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Re: Mitsubishi Slim ductless AC blower cleaning

Post by Pugsley »

Don't forget to put up a video on how to add a headphone jack to it! :rolleyes:
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Great vid. Loved the sexy sandals. ;)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I just had to look up this thread today to find the link to the video. so I could remember how to open those damn louvers again. The same unit needed cleaning again after 2 years, and so did the similar model in my garage at the new house. Hard working with a brush over my head, but both blower wheels are clean, and I cleaned the coils, so they're good for another couple of years.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

good job on video and screw them. we see them used a lot overseas in Europe way more so then here in the states .