Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes them into DRILLING their own headphone jack

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes them into DRILLING their own headphone jack

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I take it with a grain of salt since the Daily Mail is a bit of a rag, but I have to agree with one poster that I weep for the future of humanity if there really are people out there stupid enough to fall for this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jack.html
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes them into DRILLING their own headphone jack

Post by Executioner »

Wow wonder how many actually thought that was even possible!
Err
Life Member

Re: Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes them into DRILLING their own headphone jack

Post by Err »

I really want to believe that the people claiming they tried this were joking. However, this is these are the same folks who bought an iPhone 7 were talking about.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Please, there was a few idiots microwaving their iphones after a 4chan prank image that it would do a fast battery charge that way. Somewhere, out there, there is an idiot big enough.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Good ol' wave charging! People are idiots and have no clue how anything around them works.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

my Galaxy S6 came with a Ear Phone Jack built in it .there was no drilling Required. Just Saying :P
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

LOL
EvilHorace
Life Member

Post by EvilHorace »

That video and the comments are hilarious! I love how they just clamp it in that toothy metal vise and yeah, just drill in about that area and.......headphone ready! LOL