Man Busted For Pirating Movie Audio At Drive-In Theater

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Executioner
Life Member

Man Busted For Pirating Movie Audio At Drive-In Theater

Post by Executioner »

A Pennsylvania man is facing up to five years in prison for recording the audio of several Hollywood movies at a local drive-in theater. The man allegedly worked for a release group and was caught after the MPAA tipped off the theater owner. He now faces up to five years in prison.
https://torrentfreak.com/feds-bust-man- ... er-150304/
Err
Life Member

Re: Man Busted For Pirating Movie Audio At Drive-In Theater

Post by Err »

I think simply banning him from the drive in would be the best course of action but Hollywood has to recoup their losses on crappy movies somehow.

Want to take piracy down a peg? Allow us to buy the movie to watch at home the day of theatre release.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

well that's one way to get a good audio rip.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Err wrote:I think simply banning him from the drive in would be the best course of action but Hollywood has to recoup their losses on crappy movies somehow.
Want to take piracy down a peg? Allow us to buy the movie to watch at home the day of theatre release.
In all fairness, if you do that, you could potentially ruin many theaters and the jobs there. I don't mind it being in theaters first but I hate that they take like 6 months before they release a disc. Very annoying.
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

More importantly! Holy crap! Haven't seen a drive-in theater around for a decade or so now. Then again Florida not a great place it makes for them.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I go once every 10 blue moons to the drive-in in Sunrise. It's a nice change from the usual at times.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

We used to have one here, but they closed it last year.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.