Morocco Unveils A Massive Solar Power Plant In The Sahara

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Executioner
Life Member

Morocco Unveils A Massive Solar Power Plant In The Sahara

Post by Executioner »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... the-sahara

Any one here using solar? With our new house, it came with solar, but we are leasing it from the company. Our electric bills have been around $5/month, but we have to pay for the lease which is ~$30/month.

Not bad considering my last 2 story house with 2 air conditioning units and a swimming pool, my electric bill in the summer would be $500.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Executioner wrote:http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... the-sahara

Any one here using solar? With our new house, it came with solar, but we are leasing it from the company. Our electric bills have been around $5/month, but we have to pay for the lease which is ~$30/month.

Not bad considering my last 2 story house with 2 air conditioning units and a swimming pool, my electric bill in the summer would be $500.
We looked into it, but after they initially signed us up, they called us back to say they couldn't do it after 3-4 weeks of silence. They wanted us to have some trees removed ($3k) which would have offset the benefits of the system by about 4 years by my numbers. So I told them I wasn't interested. We plan on being in Florida by September of 2020.. So it didn't make sense. But, when we get to Florida, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be looking into it again.. haha

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looking into it for our new house. Here in Florida there's lots of incentives.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

GA has shit incentives for Solar :(

I do have some trees that would probably need to come out for ideal conditions, but I wouldnt mind anyways since they shade my veg garden too much anyway, but with virtually no incentives, I dont wanna eat the 18K right now.