snow storm 2014 !

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

snow storm 2014 !

Post by renovation »

looks wonderful outside we have like 5 inch's of fresh white powdery snow. on the ground on top of about 2-3 inch of packed snow and ice left over from the last storm of 2013. I'm north of Detroit metro airport by like 45 min. on a normal dry day . today my Daughter and brother in-law fly back to Tampa. (they both be glad to leave this frozen tundra. ) problem is the plane may not be. guess there like double the amount of snow by the airport. there flights at 5 pm . it be a wait and see and depend on when the storm leaves are area. (also depend on if the plane there on even arrives to Detroit metro.) just checked the flight status . its still listed and on time. there not been a lot of flights on tracker in or out of Detroit today. also the web site for the airport showing a 25 min. delay for those that have left this morning . to top all this off after this snow storm pass later this afternoon .then they say will arrive 35 mph wind and a mass temperature drop. with highs of maybe 5 degree and sub zero nights. not going to want to see my heat bills for this month or this season. we still have to make it though to the end of march. before it starts warming back up here. last night my furnace seem like it was working overtime. :(
weather report below ! :(

Areas of light snow continue this morning with the best coverage south, light coverage for the northern suburbs. As winds turn to the northeast, lake effect begins to take hold for the Thumb. Areas here received little snow New Years Day but will receive 3-6 inches of snow today and tonight. Snow totals for the Metro areas to the Ohio border will fall in the 5"-9" range. Part of Monroe County will top out at 10"+. Gusty winds will continue to cause blowing and drifting.

The next 48 hours:

This morning: Light snow continues with another 1" possible. Wind chill -5 to 5. Temps: 10-14 / Winds: NE 10-15

This afternoon: Spotty snow showers end with minor additional accumulations in the metro area. Blowing and drifting snow is likely. Snow will persist in parts of St. Clair and Sanilac counties as lake effect snow showers bring more accumulations near Lake Huron. Highs: 13-17 / Winds: NNE 15-25

Tonight: Snow showers ending last near Lake Huron, then clearing, breezy and bitterly cold. Lows: 2 above to 5 below zero with wind chill reading to 15 below. / Winds: NW 10-20 then decreasing

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/weather/forecas ... z2pFlBRInr
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

No storms here in Southern CA. In fact, we have the beginnings of a drought. Temps have been in the 70's and low 80's with 5% RH day and evenings.
darcy

Post by darcy »

it should be blowing into town by us within a few hours,,
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Rainy miserable day here in Florida.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

renovation

Post by renovation »

just spent 4 3/4 hours driving to and from the airport -normal time should of been like 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hour round trip !
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
renovation

Post by renovation »

update -may have to go back to pick those I put on the plane -there a problem with this plane waiting for a call !
renovation

Post by renovation »

there being put in a hotel for the night and booked on a 6:45 am flight out to Tampa tomorrow ! gave $25 buck credit card and cheep $6 meal ticket ya. my guess is they also get credit of $50 or $100 in the am.
renovation

Post by renovation »

Arctic air is firmly in place across the region with temps in the teens and wind chills just below zero. As temperatures dip below zero tonight, wind chills values of -15 to -20 degrees are expected. Exposed skin will be prone to frostbite and hypothermia is possible after prolonged exposure to this extreme cold.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/weather/forecas ... z2pIZ4gmpb
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

39 degrees or less tonight in central FL. With wind chill we're getting a freeze alert.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

renovation

Post by renovation »

FlyingPenguin wrote:39 degrees or less tonight in central FL. With wind chill we're getting a freeze alert.
still trade you ~
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

We got about 4 in of snow here - they have roads mostly clear but at 7F there's not a lot of melting going on. Winds up to 50 mph forecast later in the day. My wife delayed her return from the southwest - she was supposed to come in tonight late and we decided that it was better for her to stay a few more days. I have to drive to Baltimore to pick her up, usually about 2 hrs each way and don't feel like playing frosty the snowman when the wind chill is -10 and the idiots are out learning to drive in the snow. There were like 80 accidents on the interstate locally here yesterday and lot of the main roads (all of which are 2 lane) were shut down by accidents. Reno - I'm with you on the heat - just filled my tank up and I'm hoping to get through the winter on it, but not likley at this rate.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
renovation

Post by renovation »

it's 9 am and this is what I wake up to .
Clouds and Sun

-5°
RealFeel® -14°
accumulating an additional 4-8 inches though sunday !
im going back to bed till spring get's here .
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

In Central NJ, we got 10" of snow last night / this morning. It was 10F this morning, its 19F right now and expected to go down to -1 tonight! Where is that Crown Royal bottle from new years.....lol
darcy

Post by darcy »

{ what happened DaMaN, ~ u run out o' beer? ;) }

{ and yes, reno, ~ u best make like a bear and hibernate! }

~~~~

we didn't have it too bad, ~ about 6 to 6-1/2 inches; woke up at 6a.m. to 11F with subzero windchill.

my folks got a total o' 15 inches snow { 8" yesterday, and overnight picked up another 7" }. they had a heatwave this morn of 4F { don't know what the windchill was by them,, }.
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

We went from supposedly having 40 degree days to having 2 degrees and 9" of snow (a lot for St. Louis) coming this weekend.