Aaaand We're Back!

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Aaaand We're Back!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Tech support at MoreWeb (our web host) was very helpful, and they disabled "Deprecated Error Messages" on our web server which is a new feature in PHP v5.3 that our old version of the vBulletin forum software doesn't properly support (which I figured out after a LOT of Googling).

I have also confirmed that our vBulletin license is expired so our only other choice would have been to buy an upgraded license for $209 to allow us to download a more recent version of the vBulletin software. I have no problem with the money, but I suspect that the upgrade itself would be a nightmare to implement so I'm glad we didn't have to do that right now. Somewhere down the road we may eventually have no choice if something else breaks.

For now, let there be great rejoicing!
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

renovation

Post by renovation »

renos dancing up and down !
if you want to blame anyone. blame me my last 24 hours it seems if it could go wrong it did.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

FP for Prez!
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

thanks for taking care of everything, FP. if/when it's time to upgrade, let me know and i'll help out with the costs too. i'd vote to plan a time to upgrade before an unexpected failure, even if it's several months from now.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

one option to consider is vBulletin offers upgrade assistance ("professional upgrade") for $149. we could always have a bake sale and just pay the experts to do it. of course, it's always nice to have at least someone know what's up and familiar with the system. who here has vB experience?

edit...or maybe not. they previously offered this but i can't find specifics on their site about it other than the forums now. i can always call them and ask too.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

WooT! Thanks, FP. Let me know when it's time to pony up some dough and I'll chip in.

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

It happened on the one day that I didn't have a chance to drop by.
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

Upgrading will be inevitable at some point, so count me in to chip in when it happens. I'll gladly toss some money to support the PCA cause!
Koo Koo Mouse

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

Hey count me in too to if it comes down to that! No problem. :)
darcy

Post by darcy »

i am rejoiced! :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Cheap

Post by Cheap »

woop. missed the downtime, glad it's back though!