Meat Glue

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
normalicy

Meat Glue

Post by normalicy »

It's interesting that not only did I see this video today, but also saw reference to it in an article in my Technology Review magazine. I'd be pretty upset to find that I was paying prime pricing for scrap meat.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ss_b-dRIOOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
RubberDuckie

Post by RubberDuckie »

One more reason I enjoy eating wild game. That and they are not pumped with growth hormones while alive.
JSTMF
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

this makes me sad.
darcy

Post by darcy »

i am not happy w/this info,,!
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

So im guessing if inhaled it will glue your lungs together.

I wonder if they can replace stitches with that.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
RubberDuckie

Post by RubberDuckie »

Technically it is totally safe. Although it is MISLEADING there is nothing wrong with the glue or meat. However because the meat was separate pieces they were exposed to air. Therefore must be cooked well done. Only health issue is if you under cook the meat, then you have bacteria inside this new piece from when is was individual pieces.

Other then that, not a problem. I have issues with the Misleading on food products. It is essentially stealing.
JSTMF
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Duckie got it right.... AND this story is quite old. However, the "glue" is essentially refined protein from pig's blood platelettes I believe (something to that extent) so in theory it is safe. The bacteria from under cooking is the main issue. But damn if I wanted my Kelsey's Steak full on I BEST NOT be paying for this garbage :d ie