NJ Gov. McGreevey Resigns Over Homosexual Affair

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
darcy

NJ Gov. McGreevey Resigns Over Homosexual Affair

Post by darcy »

New Jersey Gov. James McGreevey, who earlier this year said he opposed gay marriage, announced on Thursday he would resign and admitted to having a homosexual affair.

McGreevey, who is married with two children, told reporters he had a consensual affair with another man and that he had been conflicted over his sexuality since adolescence.

"Throughout my life, I have grappled with my own identity," McGreevey told a news conference, making reference to his Catholic upbringing.

"My truth is is that I am a gay American and I am blessed to live in the greatest nation with the greatest tradition of civil liberties in the world," he said.

"Shamefully, I indulged in an adult consensual affair with another man, which violates the bonds of matrimony. It was wrong, it was foolish and it was inexcusable. For this I ask for the forgiveness and grace of my wife," McGreevey told a stunned news conference, his second wife Dina by his side, holding his hand. "I have decided the right course of action is to resign."

He said his resignation is effective November 15.

McGreevey, 47, took office in January, 2002. His four-year term will be completed by Democrat Richard Codey, the current president of the state senate.
Rueters

don't reckon he'd have come out w/it lest he'd been compromised (no pun intended),,
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
MegaVectra

Post by MegaVectra »

Gays and Walmart are taking over the world. :rolleyes: