very bad accident in today

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

very bad accident in today

Post by renovation »

60 car pile up on I-94 :(
At Least 1 Dead in 60-Vehicle Pileup
http://apnews.excite.com/article/200302 ... 2OPG1.html

Feb 7, 5:00 PM (ET)

BENTON HARBOR, Mich. (AP) - At least 60 cars and trucks crashed Friday in a blinding snowstorm, killing at least one person and leaving several others seriously injured, authorities said.

Rescuers were at the scene three hours after the crash in Berrien County's Benton Township. They were evaluating the injured and transporting them to trauma centers, hospitals or a Red Cross warming center, depending on the severity of their injuries, Lt. Joseph Zangaro said from the Michigan State Police post at Bridgman.

"We had multiple people trapped in cars," Zangaro said about 4:30 p.m. EST. "We just got the last one out, but we're still checking."

A car ran underneath a semi-trailer about 1:30 p.m. on Interstate 94 near this city 30 miles north of the Indiana border, the statement said. A tanker truck then crashed and caught on fire, it said.

Video taken from a helicopter and shown on Detroit-area television station WDIV showed several tractor trailers jackknifed, blocking the freeway.

A 12-mile stretch of I-94 east of Benton Harbor was closed in both directions and likely would remain closed at least until midnight, Zangaro said. The interstate is the main thoroughfare connecting Detroit and Chicago.

Heavy snow moving eastward off nearby Lake Michigan had been falling for hours before the crash. The interstate had been plowed but sustained high winds limited visibility, Zangaro said.

"At the time of the crash, visibility was just about zero," he said. "There's not much you can do when you can't see."

At least six ambulances and several fire departments were at the scene, the sheriff's department said.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

that explains that.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Slugbait
Golden Member

Post by Slugbait »

There's not much you can do when you can't see
Except to, oh, I dunno, maybe SLOW THE F*** DOWN?

Then again, that may be just the beer talking...