New Year's Eve Fiasco

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

New Year's Eve Fiasco

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Took the wife to Universal CityWalk at Orlando. They were supposed to have Cheap Trick and Three Dog Night playing for New Years, free access to all the clubs, and dinner.

Fucking rained like a SUMBITCH starting at 8pm. We got soaked, concert was cancelled, we wer happy to get home and get into dry clothes in time to watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV.

$200 down the f@cking drain. Oh well.

PS: Just out of curiousity, I looked up Dick Clark's birthday last night. He's 74! He really IS the worlds oldest teenager!!!!

--------------
EDIT
--------------

Well I just called Universal and found out that if we still have our wrist-bands from the party 9made scramble through all the garbage cans to find them :) ) that I can get a $25 refund for each ticket.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

d_b

Post by d_b »

Well that sucks :( Only $25 from $200?? That sucks just as much.
I'm not lazy by nature, I work very hard at being lazy.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

No actually I'll get $50 back. They're refunding $25 for each $99 ticket.

Well, it's something. I'll probably take the wife to dinner at Citiwalk next week and get the refund money at the same time.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Floater

Post by Floater »

wow, despite the weather, the price for that event is pretty good. my wife and i went to dinner at a restaurant in sleepy chester county, pa, and it ran us $230... orlando seems much more fun.
<font face="tahoma"><small>Floater</small></font>
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It definately would have been worth it. The food was outstanding. It was a buffet scattered outdoors and inside the clubs. Lots of good eats from lobster to filet mignon.

We settled into the Jazz club at 9pm when the downpour started and I could have stayed in there with occasional forrays out for food - the band was excellent - but we got wet on the way to that club and the wife caught a chill and by 10 I decided to take her home before she got real sick.