My heart bleeds for the music industry....

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

My heart bleeds for the music industry....

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

oh man we should send them money..... LOL god even i couldnt hold that one in
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8#t=0m58s">YodelRoll!</a>
<a href="http://www.halfinchbullet.com/">Goto HalfInchBullet.com!</a>
sbp

Post by sbp »

Poor whining babies. Image

They got off rather easy.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

They had it comming. Just another reason to pirate stuff and tell the RIAA to piss off!
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Great read... i've said piss on the music industry for quite a while... the last cd i bought was 10 bucks... i refuse to pay more than 12 for a CD... I went into Sam Goody a while back looking for a old CD from back in 1988 they had it... price 21.98 I asked the gal at the counter just how the hell they sell any cd's at that price... she said we don't... told her i could download it for free and the price of a CDR is only about a quarter and that i'd go that route... she said she couldn't blame me that she does it as well.
Schwartz

Post by Schwartz »

I bet most people that got ripped off won't get anything back. Like I actually save the recipt for CDs I bought years ago, right. I hope the unclaimed money goes to a reputable charity or something.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I just love it when I get one of those class action settlement notices in the mail. Just got one today about my car insurance company. IF I can document something from 6 years ago, file a ton of paperwork, I MIGHT get $10. No wonder these companies don't mind settling - they probably never have to pay off.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

poop
Golden Member

Post by poop »

A lot of stuff I buy isn't super mainstream. Heck, a decent amount is 'indie'. I really feel ok paying $15 for an indie disc. I do feel bad paying $15 for a big player in the industry.

I try to download stuff sometimes, but I often cannot find stuff I want. Then, when I find it, the quality is crap (128 kbps).

I really hope this case lowers prices, though that is probably a futile desire. What I really want is for the artists to set up a system where I buy the CD from them (Mike Doughty does this). As long as they provide me with a decent quality copy, I would gladly pay an artist $10 for his/her music.
- p o o p