Protests

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
sbp

Protests

Post by sbp »

Anti-capitalist jerks are going to disrupt traffic in DC today by blocking major roadways. Oh yeah there's also an anarchist scavenger hunt: 500 for trashing the inside of a retail store, 300 for smashing a McDonald's window and 75 for puncturing a police car's tire. Wonder how much money and damage its going to be this time. These protestors are a bunch of clueless college students and hoodlums. Fscking dips need to be run over and killed.

link: http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20020919-647479.htm
fearfox
Golden Member

Post by fearfox »

I agree most of these protestors are either ignorant college students or jobless people have to much freetime on there hand. For example the other day at my college we had people protest against the war against iraq. Talking about we should spend money in africa instead of figthing against sadamm. I say we hit first before we are hit. what is sad to see is that one day i would be called to arms to defends these stupid little pricks and to defend the freedom of our country.
sbp

Post by sbp »

Point out to these slapnuts the US is the worlds largest food donor by far.

Spend money? More like waste money as usual and we still take flack over it.

In South African countries millions are starving {much of this sad situation is due to the rotten governments there} and food was turned down. Listening to those fearmongering Greenies. :s hame
Zambia rejects food aid

At the recently concluded Earth Summit II, Colin Powell got booed. The US is increasing its aid to poor countries. Some gratitude. :s hame
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Since we're so nice and so disliked i say its about time the US says a nice FVCK OFF to everyone and take care of our own hungry. And when those other country's start cryign they need help from us jsut laugh at them and tell them they had their chance...
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

HELL YEA!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!!

I say worry about our people first... and if thies anti war priks dont want a war hell.. send them over tehre to take care of the problem if they are so smart!
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
fearfox
Golden Member

Post by fearfox »

i agree
HELL YEA!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!!
say worry about our people first... and if thies anti war priks dont want a war hell.. send them over tehre to take care of the problem if they are so smart!

i mean more than half of these people have never lived in country where there rights are limited. I think they need to be taught a good lesson.
Tomuchtime

Post by Tomuchtime »

Well I for one don't like the "New World Order" crap.Currently the good 'ol USA
is about 36 trillion in the hole and we don't have any way of paying up (look at our deficet spending).The imf/wto is a joke and people should be raising hell about it.
I try to take most of the mainstream media stuff with a grain of salt as I for one haven't forgotten CNN and our first foray into Iraq (remember the great footage of our "Smart" bombs and how accurate they were - only to find out by the millitary's own admission two years later that 37% or so acually hit thier targets?).Well, I don't mean to rant but there are two sides to this issue.
Bill

Oh btw,sbp when you talk about anti - capitolist's read this thread againhttp://www.pcabusers.com/forums/showthread.php ... adid=22081
sbp

Post by sbp »

We ain't 36 trillion in the hole. http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Why is there a deficit? Its cause government is too big and tries to do too much {much of it not well}. Here's a novel concept that has never crossed the minds of fat cats up on Capital Hill-cut $pending! Everyone knows there's pork in that budget which now over 2 trillion dollars Image
http://w3.access.gpo.gov/usbudget/
Citizens Against Government Waste

Too many people have this attitude of "I gave at the office" and now expect BIG government to do everything and be the solution for everything. Thats not what America was ever about.

New World order=Good 'ol USA being the world's policeman. Guess what? That costs money.

About the military: the Europeans and others have for decades sponged off the US. Image

Moving on, if these people want to protest, go right ahead. Some issues do need to be raised. But how is stopping folks from getting into work helping these causes? Its not. And wouldn't it be better to take that energy and be constructive instead of being destructive?

Thats good you don't gobble up everything the mainstream media spews out. Guess what? I live in the DC area and saw it with my own 2 eyes.

So what do these protestors want? The abolition of the World Bank and IMF. Fine, no more money to be handed out. Then the US and others can get bashed even more for not caring about third world countries and giving away moola.

What else do they want? Loan forgiveness. Well some loans have already been forgiven. Question: why was this money even loaned in the first place? What happens its stolen by big shots and autocrats in third world countries who stash it away.

Answer this: Does loaning/handing out US taxpayer money help the US deficit? Wouldn't that money be better in US taxpayer pocket?

Its not bad for countries to trade with each other.

Oh btw Tomuchtime, my dad is an evil capitalist. Yeah he's had his own small 2 man remodeling business that does great work for over 30 years now. Image
Tomuchtime

Post by Tomuchtime »

I'm not sure about your father's business being anti-capitol or so but I do know that your numbers are skewed as far as the world goes. I would strongly suggest studing the history and circumstances of the Fedreal Reserve.
sbp

Post by sbp »

Capitalism is not the sole domain of big business. There are a ton of businesses that belong to folks like you and me. One doesn't have to be a big shot to be a capitalist. Yet capitalism is treated as evil by these protestors. Funny how most of these demonstrators live in the free world.

My numbers are skewed? One of the links comes directly from the governments Office of Management and Budget. Yes, the deficit is not the same exact thing as debt and other obligations that are owed.

And there has been no dispute there is waste in government.

Leaving aside exactly how much money is owed-whether it be publicly or privately, government or non-government, once again its asked does it make sense to throw money away? With such a big amount of money owed it makes little sense to just give it away to others. Please note every bit of money helps.
Tomuchtime

Post by Tomuchtime »

Originally posted by sbp
Capitalism is not the sole domain of big business. There are a ton of businesses that belong to folks like you and me. One doesn't have to be a big shot to be a capitalist. Yet capitalism is treated as evil by these protestors. Funny how most of these demonstrators live in the free world.

My numbers are skewed? One of the links comes directly from the governments Office of Management and Budget. Yes the deficit is not the same exact thing as debt and other obligations that are owed.

And there has been no dispute there is waste in government.

Leaving aside exactly how much money is owed-whether it be publicly or privately, government or non-government, once again its asked does it make sense to throw money away? With such a big amount of money owed it makes little sense to just give it away to others. Please note every bit of money helps.
Yes , there is nothing wrong with capitolism as long as it's an honest buck and harms nobody.The problem with the WTO /IMF is that they loan money with strings attached (collateral and political) knowing full well that the country will have no way to repay the loan.How/why does that happen? First no money is loaned unless there is a way to get back the value of the loan either by natural resources or by a set of circumstances that allow full control of the land and government.It's been a specialty of agencys like the cia to destablize a region when it suits causing a loan default.I'm tired cause I work 7 days so I'll leave the details alone for now.Any way I am not trying to argue the Idea of the WTO/IMF but like alot of "Global Trade" ideas it's just another way of screwing us out of money and resources - who do you think will pay for this? Like I said about the 32 trillion( you'll have to forgive me , that may not be correct but it's close
I have a hard time beliving anything from the government anymore.I'm tired of the scams and lies.In case some people forgot ; Saddam was our friend when he was fighting Iran.We didn't care who he gassed - hell dead is dead.As a matter of fact we gave him not only those weapons but advice on chemical warfare and strategic planning.After the war he was 60 billion in the hole with us but hey,no biggie he's got oil.Kawuait (after some prodding by a certian agency) decides to start slant drilling into Iraq's reserves and short selling oil against OPEC's wishes. We give Saddam the nod to stop it and he invades after H.W.Bush assures him it's
ok.Now OPEC and everybody in the region get's pissed and they want him out.We set the man up- dickhead or not, we set Iraq up.Why? So we could
invade.Iraq set's on about 1/3 of the regions oil,also it's a path and base to work the oil and gas buried in the Caspian sea area to the India and Pakistan markets and points into euroasia.Complete control.Capitalisim gone to far at the price of millions of innocent lives.That's why people bitch.
And thats the tip if the iceberg.
Take Care
Bill
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

LOL whens the last time u stopped watching cnn and stepped out into the sunlight?
strings attached he said
<---! begin sarcasm here>
WHOA aint that crazy their all about the money man. they dont want to give it to me like they said they want it back plus more and omg can u believe this they want me to prove i can pay them back
THE NERVE! geez after all my pain and suffering i deserve to get all the money for free cuz im special and no one else on this planet suffers

and those drug companies man those guys are evil can u believe they charge people 9000 dollars a month for aids meds just to make up for the 10 billion+ money they spent on R&D man i should be able to just copy those formulas without paying them any of the coporate big wig money just to save my life
those drug companies should just produce the drugs for free cuz again im suffering and i deserve it!

yeah the imf and those coporate bastards heartless man dont even get my started on those gap people
truly the united is completely evil and shouldnt even exist
<---! end sarcasm here>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8#t=0m58s">YodelRoll!</a>
<a href="http://www.halfinchbullet.com/">Goto HalfInchBullet.com!</a>
Gand1

Post by Gand1 »

Sov,

I appreciate the sarcasm but when it come to the drug companies, I worked for one (one of the largest), there is major price gouging of the american people when it come to prescription drugs. I don't have the link but most new drugs that you see comercials for, are old drugs reformulated, that did not require 10+ billion in research. Most of the older drugs work better than the new ones. Drug companies push the new drugs to doctors because the company holds the patent and can make the most money from them. Go to the doctor for allergies, I guarantee the drug you get will be the last drug that was pushed on them by a drug company. Did you know benadryl works 57% better than any prescription allergy drug. (Yeah it makes you sleepy, I know) I can rant and rave more but I need a shower! :)
I'm...... BATMAN!

No Greyhound Racing
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Ok.. what i want to know... is were 37,000,000,000,000 in the hole ( lets just say), Where the hell did we get the money from, and who is it owed to? I wish i could just keep spending money i allready dont have!
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]