what version of Netscape do you use ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
renovation

Post by renovation »

im thing about upgrading to version 6 -what do you all think ?
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Ladies Man

Post by Ladies Man »

they all suck

i stick with ie5
Biohazard

Post by Biohazard »

Netscrapings is an AOL product!!!!! need I say more?
LikeLinus

Post by LikeLinus »

renovation...i just lost all respect for you

j/k.

But it is a shitty browser.
renovation

Post by renovation »

ok i will stick with internet exsploder :)
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Solstice
Golden Member

Post by Solstice »

Non-AOLers still use Netscape?
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

No NS 6 for me .... me use Mozilla 0.6, got the same engine minus AOHell crap, I use IE 5.5 SP1 only for pages that don't display or require pop-up windows (too lazy to disable webwasher ;) ).
LikeLinus

Post by LikeLinus »

I'm really not sure whats wrong with NEtscape..but it renders HTML pretty bad. It's also slower loading pages and not too stable. I dont know about 6.0, but previous versions weren't that great.

IE has been pretty solid for me. Not that it has never crashed, but very very infrequently and it renders code much better and quickly
kenada
Genuine Member

Post by kenada »

Netscape is shit. I use <a href="http://www.konqueror.org">Konqueror</a>.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I quit using Netcape over a year ago and switched to IE 5. Lot more stable and faster than Netscape. I really liked Netscape when it first came out up to version 3, but after that, it was always full of bugs. Now it's owned by AOL and you know it has to be worse if AOL is involved.
Phjorg
Golden Member

Post by Phjorg »

I used Netscape exclusively right up until v4.73.

But every version after that just seemed to be WORSE?!? Finally I had enough of crashes all the time and switched over to IE5.5. Haven't looked back since. On my next format Netscape isn't even going on. As much as I really HATE to say it, IE is the better browser. I mean, why the hell does page compatability go DOWN with the new release of netscape 6?!? geez, someone dropped the ball with that one..
<FONT COLOR="#888888">I AM</FONT> Canadian!!
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

IE 5.5 user, stopped using Nutscrape a long time ago, but I do have it installed in case some page screws up with IE...
Koo Koo Mouse

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

Wow.. About a year ago I swear there were more netscape fans than IE (Including me) Well were all b!tching about Gates forcing his browers upon us and stuck with netsape.
I was a loyal fan until I got wind about aol getting into the picture.. I slowly made the transition to IE. Found it akward at first but it does seem to be the better browser overall. I did D/L netscape communicator just to get by the login problem on EZ board a while back and it worked and found the browesr to work fine.. but back to IE once PCA got established.
And like Tunis did, communicator 4.7 is on the back burner just in case..
jadinolf

Post by jadinolf »

Version 4.76 here.

I've tried 6 twice. IMHO it is not ready for Prime Time.
glassoftea

Netscape, what do they do???

Post by glassoftea »

I think netscape is done for. Our only hope for a non IE browser world is if oscar or one of the many other small ones out there to really get it together and put out a good product, I love oscar but I hate having to search for a cracked version, they just can't compete as long as they have to charge. As for netscape, I think they should be sued for the bandwidth they have wasted with every download of there newest browsers. The only good thing about them is the code is so bad and so loopie you can reverse engineer the heck out of it.

There is a browser out there though based on the netscape code but it doesn't have all of the bloat AOhell added, don't remember the name but I've read it's not ready for prime time anyway.

Looks like it's IE forever, sigh.

glassoftea