broke my cherry today :)

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

broke my cherry today :)

Post by reno »

after about 2 months we finally was able to use are new airbrush compressor and 2 of are spray guns . the small bowl gun unit worked flawless . the larger bowl gun with a lid .this was a bit of trouble trying to spray .had to keep playing with the compressor and gun adjustments to get it to start spraying. but we got the gun to spray finally. its a wider coverage area sprayer. all we sprayed was plastic spoons using black and gray primer paint . but we didn't have any runs from over spraying paint so that is a good thing . also found out how to use the cleaning jar for cleaning the guns using airbrush cleaning fluid . then after using a rag to wipe out the bowls of the guns using a rag and the same cleaning fluid . next time we will be spraying the 1/25 th scale plastic model car we bought the compressor and guns for .today was only a test and we feel we passed the first step . next time will be priming and applying the finish paint coats . also found out my home made spray booth with dual 120 mm fans works so all is good and we have enough built in led strip lighting to see what were spraying :) the compressor is semi quiet and are air line is long enough for my use .so we dont need to buy a longer one . this is as long as we keep using it like we did today .today we setup the booth on my folding work bench by Keter and keep the compressor on the ground . also used my self rolling up 80ft for extension cord with a built reel and 4 outlet plug & GFI protection built into the unit .
we did learn its best to go left to right while spraying .not up and down and across you get a much better coverage . also like normal lighter layer coats of paint . when using the guns firm pressure on the trigger -don't pump the trigger while spaying the best advice .
Pugsley

Re: broke my cherry today :)

Post by Pugsley »

If you want to practice on some 3d printed PLA stuff I have a tank that could use some color. I printed mine much larger than https://imgur.com/gallery/NKXjQwB this one and used higher detail. And if it gets messed up I can just print another.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: broke my cherry today :)

Post by reno »

we'll ived done it pugsley even im saying it . we have gone out of control . before today we had 9 model kits on a shelf waiting for me to start and paint. today a friend sent me 4 more 3 that were kind of started and look like glue bombs and a young teen spray painted and one kit that was just started by someone it maybe save able. then by Wednesday we have 3 more brand new kits arriving -this will be more that a year of work maybe 2 years to start and finish completely (paint ,detail and assemble ) . were making one of the kits a custom transformation from what the factory had in mind .we will see if my ideas for it are do able . without buying more supply's other then paint and glue that we have already .my pocket book getting a bit empty from all the stuff we bought all ready .this seems like a cheaper hobby then building a compute.r but right now we could of bought and built a nice desk top with all we have spent these last couple of weeks . between compressor, airbrush guns ,paints, glue and accessories, then plastic model car kits . all we have done is built one car and barely started 2 more .then got a idea for customizing a 3 kit we have - then a 4th is waiting to start do to trying to figure out a paint scheme for it.