are housing market today .

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

are housing market today .

Post by reno »

the normal turn over here is 2-4 % this year its like 10% . we bought this condo 7 years ago for 25 Grand .today we can if we were to sell it in 1 week get a min 100 Grand cash plus ! we bought the unit empty and yes we drop about 25 -30 grand into it updating it . floors and kitchen with all new appliances ,windows and doors, heating and air replaced ,and a new fuse panel . but took 30 years for the same return on are last home in Michigan. we had it sold before we made the final call to stop being snow birds . here were in a 450 unit condo complex . up north we were in a 350 home subdivision . we know the markets hot . today we were driving to are daughters home .and a new townhouse complex with units starting at $300 grand had put up signs saying the at 90% sold and the place just started building the units about 1 1/2 year ago. the place in roughly 1/2 mile x 1 mile in size with 4-6 townhomes per building and this was after they started phase 2 just 3-4 months back . were i talking the tampa area its crazy !
Err
Life Member

Re: are housing market today .

Post by Err »

We live in semi-rural Ohio and the prices for houses are wild. We want to move but $250K for a 3 Bed, 2 bath house with no garage is a bit much. There is also no property to buy that's not on a wooded hillside. I hope this bubble bursts at some point. We've been thing of seeing what it would cost to add a second story like a split level or something.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

they just did a local report on baywatch 9 news at 6 pm tonight about the housing market. they had a electrician on who said he renting a house right now becouse him and his wife can't afford to buy a home at todays market prices. also that he losing there rental house . all because the tampa areas so hot right now and his landlord found he can do a weekly tourist rental and make twice what he is charging them on a monthly/yearly rental . so there forced to fine a home as he not renewing there rental agreement . didn't catch the whole story but it seem a vacation rental company . will be guarantee the income if the landowner sign up with them. they also showed 3 brand new home built in a row . in a semi shady area of tampa that all sold for $300,000 and this has brought the market price of other home in that area up like $50,000 up in value. were seeing home prices in any kind of good area around tampa start at $300,000 plus now . even my daughter old duplex condo she sold for $250'000 3-4 years ago is value at $350'000 or more today. she bought it 10 years ago for about $135'000 as a foreclosure we had to do a bunch of repairs and some remodeling to it. she did have to have the central air replace for the new buyer . it need windows and kitchen remodel bad if she stayed there. she did make about $100,000 or just under and stayed there for 8-10 years .tampa markets is crazy high . in under 6 months even are community the price of condo like mine have jump $25'000 to $30'000 more then they were going for.im in a 55 and over community 30 mins north of tampa.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

We bought our house in Woodland, CA in 2015 for $450k. Today, we can get $800k. My daughter who bought our big 2 story 5 bedroom house in Hemet, CA for $260k in 2015 sold it for $520k. I have no idea where people get the money to buy homes here in CA. They must be going in with another family.