Tesla Solar Roof Install

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Tesla Solar Roof Install

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Pretty interesting to watch.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Tesla Solar Roof Install

Post by Executioner »

Wow what a process, but a very nice roof. I think the guy needs to hire a garner to clean up his front yard LOL.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

17 years to pay off whole system .but I think there also a time life on the batterys that needs to figured in '?
there also I'm sure a maintenance contract .they are selling along with these roofs at a yearly rate . they will also be other charges to go along. also these systems are great in state like California and Florida ,texas and arizona . but would be a nightmare in colder states trying to recoup the costs.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

We added additional solar panels to our house so now we have a $0 electric bill except for gas which runs $40/month; however, I pay $100/month for the loan, and another $100 for the existing 12 panels that came with the house that is on a lease. Note to others - don't go with a lease. You get screwed over in the end. At the time we got the house in 2015, my wife and I did not know that the builder was in bed with the leasing company. We found this out about a year later. Even with these costs, it's still cheaper than not having it, and ending up with a $500+ electric bill in the summer months.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

wow $500 a month for electric sounds crazy to me -are bill maybe $125 in the middle of summer .with are all electric condo . stove ,air cond., water heater , and me running all my power equipment in my garage . we think is may drop as we just replaced are 40 year old central air this month . thats are highest bill other then the monthly condo association fee at $425 a month .
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

We live in CA - need I say more. How much does it cost to register your car every year? Mine on my 2016 Subaru Outback is $250. Hell, even my house now is over $800k.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

My electric bill is pushing $350/mo ever since my wife switched to working from home. She never gives the A/C a break so it keeps the house at 75 all damn day long. Can't wait for cooler temps to come in so it won't run as much.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Sounds like your wife is "hot". ;)
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

:lmao
------------------------------------------